Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Chevy Trax. When I was warming it up this morning it made a sort of metal scraping sound but went away soon after. I went to work and on my way home from work I noticed the noise again but this time it didn’t go away. Then it started cutting out and a very rough idle. Now when I start it the noise is very loud. The only way I know to describe the sounds is a loud metal scraping or almost a rattle. Please help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2017 Chevy Trax. When I was warming it up this morning it made a sort of metal scraping sound but went away soon after. I went to work and on my way home from work I noticed the noise again but this time it didn’t go away. Then it started cutting out and a very rough idle. Now when I start it the noise is very loud. The only way I know to describe the sounds is a loud metal scraping or almost a rattle. Please help!!
could it be the turbo has gone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the check engine light on and throwing a code?
If you put your foot on the brake and shift through the trans, N D R, does the sound change?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the check engine light on and throwing a code?
If you put your foot on the brake and shift through the trans, N D R, does the sound change?
I'm having the same is ...makes no difference what gear I shift it into .changed spark plugs and ignition coil pack .still no change . Stabilization light on and engine light .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem! I had two mad sensors changed along with the valve cover with gasket. The rough idle went away along with the rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts