Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I sent him a message for you through the forum, there was no option to email him directly or I would have done that.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That kit from Amazon does NOT use the OEM factory cruise switch. It is a complete aftermarket system that has always been available. It has a switch mounted on a stalk that you have to drill a hole for in your steering column. But I am sure it will work and get the job done, just not as pretty and a little less expensive. To bad @Flyboy does not watch his threads closer, he is probably losing sales.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES, you can use the Factory Cruise Control switch.
I have installed four cruise controls on the 2015 Chevy Tax using the factory cruise control switch.
I use the Smartline AP900c cruise control, with SWITCH - 2015 CHEVROLET TRAX (94780526) or SWITCH - 12-15 CHEVROLET Sonic (95135255).
You do need a special adapter cable that I make and you do have to modify the factory harness in the Steering wheel witch will be included in the kit. I am going to sale the cruise control kit for around $340.00.
There will be one wiretap; the rest is plug and play, the install will take 45 minutes to an hour.
The kits are about 2 to weeks out I just ordered the Wiring, switches, OBD2 Snap in connectors and the terminal pins to make 10 kits.
I am in the process of finishing up the install Guide and install Video.

I will start working on the Fog light kits next.
Flyboy can you PM me I'm interested in your kit and have numerous questions unfortunately I can't PM yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought my mother a Trax and thought it had cruise cause it had every thing else. I was stupidly wrong. Never again. But wanted to purchase flyboys cruise kit to put in an 2016 Trax LS. Can someone please help? Maybe PM Me. I signed up using Facebook.

Bought this car for my mom who is going through chemo and radiation. Her old car is a 2003 Olds Alero and has turned into a real beater. I bought her the car to cheer her up and so maybe on good days she could get away and go visit where before she was too worried about going too far in the old car. I know it sounds kinda of dumb, but the car is to help cheer her up and give her some fight to get through the cancer. She's showing it off and bragging about it to her friends. So it has seemed to lift her spirits. Cancer isn't the only thing on her mind anymore.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Awesome Sauce Shane ! Stay positive. She's lucky to have you. Not sure how much luck you will have reaching him. I had none.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just bought my mother a Trax and thought it had cruise cause it had every thing else. I was stupidly wrong. Never again. But wanted to purchase flyboys cruise kit to put in an 2016 Trax LS. Can someone please help? Maybe PM Me. I signed up using Facebook.

Bought this car for my mom who is going through chemo and radiation. Her old car is a 2003 Olds Alero and has turned into a real beater. I bought her the car to cheer her up and so maybe on good days she could get away and go visit where before she was too worried about going too far in the old car. I know it sounds kinda of dumb, but the car is to help cheer her up and give her some fight to get through the cancer. She's showing it off and bragging about it to her friends. So it has seemed to lift her spirits. Cancer isn't the only thing on her mind anymore.
That one pulled on the heart strings. You're a darn good man, major respect to you for that. Glad that it's lifting her spirits as well and keeping her happy. Nothing better than that out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys. Cancer stinks. It's taken a toll on many of my family members as well as good friends just as I am sure it has your too. Just trying to think out of the box to get her to wanna enjoy life. Material things don't really matter, but when you can provide dependable transportation to get from point A to point B then that serves a purpose. Makes you wanna get up and go visit friends, do some grocery shopping, or get your hair and nails done. It is all about look good and feel good. That's my thinking behind it anyway. I got a new grand baby and mom is now a great grandmother. So that is something to look forward to along with a car. Just trying to give her a few reminders to show her life is good. Don't give up.

Really could use flyboys kit, but if not has anybody else tried anything out as far as a steering wheel cruise and got it to work?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks guys. Cancer stinks. It's taken a toll on many of my family members as well as good friends just as I am sure it has your too. Just trying to think out of the box to get her to wanna enjoy life. Material things don't really matter, but when you can provide dependable transportation to get from point A to point B then that serves a purpose. Makes you wanna get up and go visit friends, do some grocery shopping, or get your hair and nails done. It is all about look good and feel good. That's my thinking behind it anyway. I got a new grand baby and mom is now a great grandmother. So that is something to look forward to along with a car. Just trying to give her a few reminders to show her life is good. Don't give up.

Really could use flyboys kit, but if not has anybody else tried anything out as far as a steering wheel cruise and got it to work?
Some of the guys here have the parts list and the instructions to do the installation. Since the gentlemen no longer seems to be available there is no business lost by sharing that info with you and then you could take the info to a local shop and see if someone would like to do the installation for you.

Alternatively there are good aftermarket kits out there.

Also absolutely nothing wrong with installing the Rostra aftermarket unit.
http://www.rostra.com/2013-2014-chevrolet-trax-cruise-control-by-rostra.php

Just make sure you get the right part number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi...i am a new user here. I am looking for someone with a 2013 - 2016 Sonic LS in the Little Rock Arkansas, North Little Rock Arkansas, Conway Arkansas areas that is looking to add a Cruise Control
This is a aftermarket Cruise Control that I have modified to use the factory OEM Cruise Control switch.
I have done this for the Chevy Trax as well and received a outstanding responce to the kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been searching for some more information on doing this for my wife's Trax I maybe able to figure something out if anyone has any instructions or pictures of the kit please share and I will see what I might be able to figure out, thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to buy a kit but have a question about which OBDII pins get used. I installed an aftermarket remote start unit that had me solder in using the #1 pin. Will this unit from Flyboy (or the one he designed) cause problems with the remote start or vise versa?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I do not know if it could interact with the remote start, I do not have remote start, yet. The wires to the OBDII are just to get 12V power, there are no data pins used.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If all you are going to need is a 12v source you can pick it up anywhere, like near the column or fuse box, just check to make sure its dead with the key off.

Probe the wire with the key on then key off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone... I did the same a few others here and bought my trax before realizing it didn't come with a cruise. I saw the Rostra ones, but I have items on that stick and I'd really like to have it look as original as possible. Anyone know of a kit for a 2017 that isn't Rostra? Is Flyboy still around?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts