Chevy Trax Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
2,596 Posts
Flyinfool has a how to step by step so maybe you can find the info you're looking for there. It is one of Flyboy's kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
YES, you can use the Factory Cruise Control switch.
I have installed four cruise controls on the 2015 Chevy Tax using the factory cruise control switch.
I use the Smartline AP900c cruise control, with SWITCH - 2015 CHEVROLET TRAX (94780526) or SWITCH - 12-15 CHEVROLET Sonic (95135255).
You do need a special adapter cable that I make and you do have to modify the factory harness in the Steering wheel witch will be included in the kit. I am going to sale the cruise control kit for around $340.00.
There will be one wiretap; the rest is plug and play, the install will take 45 minutes to an hour.
The kits are about 2 to weeks out I just ordered the Wiring, switches, OBD2 Snap in connectors and the terminal pins to make 10 kits.
I am in the process of finishing up the install Guide and install Video.

I will start working on the Fog light kits next.
I am interested in this cruise control harness that you make. Can you please email me [email protected]. I have a 2017 LS Trax AWD, VIN starts with "K"

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Can someone post on how to connect an oem steering wheel cruise control switch with the rostra aftermarket on a 2016 Trax LS
Pretty sure to do that it involves programming a BCM at the dealership, and unless they're adding in Cruise for you they're hesitant at best to do it with aftermarket add-ons.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
YES, you can use the Factory Cruise Control switch.
I have installed four cruise controls on the 2015 Chevy Tax using the factory cruise control switch.
I use the Smartline AP900c cruise control, with SWITCH - 2015 CHEVROLET TRAX (94780526) or SWITCH - 12-15 CHEVROLET Sonic (95135255).
You do need a special adapter cable that I make and you do have to modify the factory harness in the Steering wheel witch will be included in the kit. I am going to sale the cruise control kit for around $340.00.
There will be one wiretap; the rest is plug and play, the install will take 45 minutes to an hour.
The kits are about 2 to weeks out I just ordered the Wiring, switches, OBD2 Snap in connectors and the terminal pins to make 10 kits.
I am in the process of finishing up the install Guide and install Video.

I will start working on the Fog light kits next.
On the oem plug for the cruise control switch there are 4 wires. Can you tell me what each of them are ? I'm trying to connect an aftermarket kit but want to use an iem switch

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pretty sure to do that it involves programming a BCM at the dealership, and unless they're adding in Cruise for you they're hesitant at best to do it with aftermarket add-ons.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I cake the tech support at Rostra and they said it can be done by connecting the wires from their kit directly to the plug for the cruise on the steering wheel. I was able to get the switch with the plug with the wires from a salvage yard. It has 4 wires on it. I just don't know what each one of them are. I do know that one is set, one is off, one is on and one is resume but don't know which is which to be able to match them up with what is on the aftermarket kit. Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
2,596 Posts
What year is your Trax? In case it makes a difference.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts