Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a white LT and love it. My mom has adopted my Sonic LTZ and is in heaven!

But I'm having a little trouble, hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

My voice commands don't work. When I press the button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. Also my phone book hasn't loaded. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a white LT and love it. My mom has adopted my Sonic LTZ and is in heaven!

But I'm having a little trouble, hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

My voice commands don't work. When I press the button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. Also my phone book hasn't loaded. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hey Cinsue,

Congrats on your Trax! We are thrilled to hear that you love her :). If your mom needs any assistance with her Sonic, I'm on that forum too!

I do want to apologize for the unexpected concerns with your voice recognition, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Feel free to send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patsy!

I've got an appointment with my salesman tomorrow, hopefully he can show me what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome @cinsue and congrats!! could your phone book issues actually be pairing issues?
Thanks for the Welcome!

I unpaired and paired my phone again last night and the phone book loaded. But it's gone again. I saw the salesman today and he's not sure what is going on, but I'll keep playing with it.

The voice command problem was user error. :D In my Sonic I just had to quickly press the button, but with the Trax I have to press and hold it for several seconds before it comes on.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It might be worth the effort to reach out to chevrolet customer support to see what they might be able to do about it, unless it's something your dealer has done already.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've sent Customer Care a message. If I can't get the phonebook on to the MyLink, it's not a big deal to me.

My Sonic was much faster connecting with my phone and also with the voice commands, but it didn't have MyLink. Maybe this is just something I'll have to get used to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum!

The Chevy customer care person is great. Happy to have them here.

Post some pictures of your new Trax when you get the chance and let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.
I'll try to get pictures this weekend! :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've sent Customer Care a message. If I can't get the phonebook on to the MyLink, it's not a big deal to me.

My Sonic was much faster connecting with my phone and also with the voice commands, but it didn't have MyLink. Maybe this is just something I'll have to get used to.
Keep us posted on the response you get.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep us posted on the response you get.
James, I was just in the Wifi thread (because that isn't working either) where I saw Chevrolet Care say that the Onstar modules have a problem and are being replaced. I called my dealer and will be dropping off the Trax on Monday when they will also take a look at Mylink.

I'll let you know what I find out!

·
Registered
745 Posts
James, I was just in the Wifi thread (because that isn't working either) where I saw Chevrolet Care say that the Onstar modules have a problem and are being replaced. I called my dealer and will be dropping off the Trax on Monday when they will also take a look at Mylink.

I'll let you know what I find out!
Ah what a shame these things aren't working, fingers crossed that the turn around time is done with good timing.

Thanks for the update, as it helps a lot of us get a greater sense of what's going on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts