Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife just purchased new 19 awd LT Trax. Im going to be helping with maintenance on it. I want to get in the middle of best life of car but also best use of money.
Have a few questions:
1) what is the best oil change interval?
--Dealership sticker? ... Which says 5000 miles I didn't notice the time interval.
--Oil life Percentage?
-- or every 7500 miles?.... Which is what it says in the owners manual. I didn't notice in the owners manual if it says time intervals.

Same goes for tires when should they be rotated is it different between front wheel and all wheel drive?

Seems different than my 16 Toyota corolla which is 5,000 miles 6 months for tire rotations and 10,000 miles 12 months for oil changes.

Also, the car came with a lifetime power train warranty free from the dealership. I contacted the warranty company and they said I cannot do the oil changes myself they must be done by an ase mechanic. Can they do this? I mean I know what I am doing have changed oil on all of my vehicles.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Firstly if you use synthetic ( and you should ) you can follow the oil monitor. I also reset the trip meter in case. I change the filter at 55% since it's cheap and easy. As for voiding the warranty if not done by a professional, this is probably different from state to state. BBB might be able to help you there and document each oil change in your manual including type of oil used and filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts