Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Trax FWD, 88 Toyota Pickup
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Has anyone ever manual swapped a Trax? Been thinking about it for awhile and the time is nearly hear for a new transmission. Nothing wrong with auto just really prefer manual. Been wondering if the transmissions out of the Sonic would work or not? Or if there's a different transmission that would work. I know there's some modifications that have to be such as brackets and adding the necessary components for a manual, just wondering what transmission would bolt up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pretty sure that would be impossible. For starters, the onboard computers would completely flip out. Everything on these new cars, all work in "harmony" via a computer. Break that chain, and it may not even run? It ain't like the 1960's, where you could do that kind of stuff, anymore.

Not to say it could NEVER be done! But I am sure that project could become a nightmare.......??? Even if you found one that bolted right on, THAT would be the easy part! It is all that electronic crap, that is where the REAL fun may start. I doubt it would be a "plug and play" project. Most likely NONE of the wiring connections would ever match up?

Personally, I would trade for something that already sported a "stick"......such AS a Sonic!

·
Registered
2020 Trax FWD, 88 Toyota Pickup
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure that would be impossible. For starters, the onboard computers would completely flip out. Everything on these new cars, all work in "harmony" via a computer. Break that chain, and it may not even run? It ain't like the 1960's, where you could do that kind of stuff, anymore.

Not to say it could NEVER be done! But I am sure that project could become a nightmare.......??? Even if you found one that bolted right on, THAT would be the easy part! It is all that electronic crap, that is where the REAL fun may start. I doubt it would be a "plug and play" project. Most likely NONE of the wiring connections would ever match up?

Personally, I would trade for something that already sported a "stick"......such AS a Sonic!
True. I hadn't thought into the computers yet. I think it would be possible. Just a very difficult task

1 - 3 of 3 Posts