Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Buick Encore FWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to these forums and I recently bought an Buick Encore which is very similar to the trax. I saw an off-road concept of the trax and I thought why not try something like with with my encore! I know it sounds highly stupid with it’s small af engine, lack of aftermarket parts, being a FWD, etc. but I see potential in this little luxury car. I know I can get off-road tires but I also want a lift kit and at least one light bar. I’ve found a light bar mount that can work without damaging the vehicle but I cannot find a lift kit. Any suggestions or ideas? Who knows maybe I can prove my doubters wrong by creating an off-road machine like no other while still having a somewhat classy look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not much of anything in the aftermarket world for these cars u gotta be creative and do tons of research but as far as lightbars go here's mine I'm assuming your talking about the same one lol
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haha sweet it's really bright and an awesome deal but mounting it is pretty difficult not to the car but to the bar that's included they have a bad design that u have to modify a bit the light bar is angled pretty high and not really tiltable to angle down but all in all I love it.

·
Registered
2021 Buick Encore FWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha sweet it's really bright and an awesome deal but mounting it is pretty difficult not to the car but to the bar that's included they have a bad design that u have to modify a bit the light bar is angled pretty high and not really tiltable to angle down but all in all I love it.
Well I plan on getting that mount but a different light bar haha I’m planning on going with some high quality pod lights that will add up to be much brighter than most cheaper light bars. Granted it’s 80 bucks for 2 but they have ember functions and blackout as well

·
Registered
2021 Buick Encore FWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also plan on getting some led headlight bulbs (high beams and low beams) I personally do not like how the headlights don’t match the accent lights so im going to change that XD. Also just a suggestion… why not flip your mount over? Then the tiny bull bar will be more likely to at least guard your bumper (somewhat because it’s not really built to take a big hit) and your light won’t be angled to the sky XD

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also plan on getting some led headlight bulbs (high beams and low beams) I personally do not like how the headlights don’t match the accent lights so im going to change that XD. Also just a suggestion… why not flip your mount over? Then the tiny bull bar will be more likely to at least guard your bumper (somewhat because it’s not really built to take a big hit) and your light won’t be angled to the sky XD
Yea I hear ya on the lights I have 8000k Auxito leds hi/lo which are great. They are getting close to a year old only had a flicker once about 2 months in but have been fine since. I also have led license plate bulbs to match the color and as to flipping over the mount I like the location that it sits but as of 3 months ago I drilled the swivel holes out more in the mount so the light bar can be angled down more so I'm not complaining I was just telling ya what to expect if u bought the combo, universal and $42 for all of it including wiring and switch so I expected to have to do a bit of tinkering with it.

·
Registered
2021 Buick Encore FWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I hear ya on the lights I have 8000k Auxito leds hi/lo which are great. They are getting close to a year old only had a flicker once about 2 months in but have been fine since. I also have led license plate bulbs to match the color and as to flipping over the mount I like the location that it sits but as of 3 months ago I drilled the swivel holes out more in the mount so the light bar can be angled down more so I'm not complaining I was just telling ya what to expect if u bought the combo, universal and $42 for all of it including wiring and switch so I expected to have to do a bit of tinkering with it.
Lol yeah that’s the exact one I was looking at but I plan on going the non drilling route. I’m gonna get a switch that is wireless that clips inside the car (probably on the visor) and control my light that way. Because I might end up selling my Encore for a Ford ranger pickup or a jeep gladiator pickup. (Definitely more of a truck guy)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didnt drill anything either the mount goes into plate screws and the wire is tucked thru the fender into interior and is currently inside of the little cubby on the left side of the steering wheel. The only thing I drilled was the mount where the lightbar attaches to it, nothing on the car so everything would be completely removable without damaging anything. But nice that will be cool I like trucks but I have fallen for my Trax, it does everything I want in a car especially now that it has an intake lol I get cool spooly noises which makes me fall even more for it every drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts