Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, im new to the forum. been reading alot about the trax. Its such a fun little suv. i put some bf goodrich ko2 offroad tires on it looks pretty cool huh? just have to go up one size and it fits just fine. put them on factory rims. I get comments all the time from people where i work :) So just in case anyone is wanting to do this it looks great go for it!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Bet they're noisy though!

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
You can't get the stock size other than Continental, you have to go to a size up or down, 215/65-R16, 225/65-R16 or 195/75-R16. The higher the first number the wider the tire.

·
Registered
53 Posts
nice, this is exactly what i am wanting to do... are those the stock size?

The tire size, Cooper Discoverer A/T3 215-70-R60 . The gas mileage did drop 2 mpg highway and 4 to 6 city. This is the second winter for them and they go great. My Trax is frontwheel drive and it takes me all kinds of crazy places. Much better than the factory highway tires. In this time they have hardly worn any noticeable depth at all. I love them.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Maybe it didn't drop as much as you think because you are going further than what you register with a bigger tire. When you register on your odometer 1000 miles you actually drove 1020.2 miles. You have to take into consideration that 2.02% diameter difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey folks, im new to the forum. been reading alot about the trax. Its such a fun little suv. i put some bf goodrich ko2 offroad tires on it looks pretty cool huh? just have to go up one size and it fits just fine. put them on factory rims. I get comments all the time from people where i work :) So just in case anyone is wanting to do this it looks great go for it!
I've been thinking of getting exactly the same tires as your just for a while now because we only have a few options when it comes to all terrain tires. I just want to ask about your tire size. Is it 215/70r16's? I really want to go with 225/70r16's but I've never seen anyone put that size on their Trax. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
I went to a tire size calculator and these are the sizes it came up with as replacements, which is a good place to start as opposed to buying something that may rub in the fenders on turns.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
A 255 may rub on the lower control arm. I went with 235/60-16 for the summer, they don't rub but are very close to the "A" arm.

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
I was shocked to see the 255 listed also, but I think with the 55 aspect ratio it would leave a very slim margin of space similar to your 235's. I have no immediate plans to swap tires, but i do like the look of the AT's on the Trax. Almost reminds me of the Activ model that never actually appeared as a legit trim level.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Probably the 255 would work with a 25mm spacer if you want to keep OEM wheels. I used a 20mm spacer for mine.

Reactions: torwanwilliams.t

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
That's a good thought for the future, since I'm still under warranty I'm going to hold off on any changes for now. But just knowing they're available makes me think of some interesting things to do with the little Trax after a while.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
What size do you now have?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts