Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, our car has 82066 miles on it now, and so far have got good service out of it, other than having a recall on it a few weeks after we bought it, haven't had any issues with it until yesterday......had a wheel bearing making a noise, so I took it to the shop where the manager took my car for a drive and agreed with me it was the one on the driver side front making a noise, so they get the parts to fix it, somehow the mechanic who did the work on it changed the one on the passenger side...after they got finished with it the manager took it for a drive, and he told me that didnt fix it, come to find out they had changed the wrong one.........he then told me to bring it back n the morning and they would fix the other side and charge me for the one, and I agreed with him......so got both wheel bearings n the front replaced for the price on doing one side ....lol.....I do business with them all the time here n town have for 20+ years, and they have always did well.........other than this, haven't had any other problems come about, yet anyways...

·
Registered
110 Posts
You are lucky. Many shops today would have tried to charge you for both of them even though it was their mistake.

Reactions: Oatmeal

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we know......if they would not have made it right I would have talked to a lawyer.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tough decision. If one went bad, how far off is the other one? Not sure if that could be one of those jobs, where you DO just have both done, at the same time? In 6 Months, you may have been going back for the other side anyway? Beats me......no one can be sure.

Any idea, why it went bad in the first place? I don't consider 82,000 to be a lot of miles at all!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts