Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been address; I've tried searching the forum but was unable to find any posts that had answered most of my questions but hoping someone with experience can help?

The MyLink infotainment system on my 2016 Trax is awful and I'd love to install a new unit that has Apple Carplay and Android Auto. I have been looking on Amazon, Crutchfrield and Best Buy etc and I know that people here have done so but I just have a few questions.

- For those who ordered and installed everything on your own; what was the overall costs of parts and such? Did you find it difficult? Any issues ( backup camera, chime, steering wheel controls all work fine? )

- For those who had it professionally done; are you satisfied with the result? What were the costs for parts + labor usually?

I'm generally very tech savy and love tinkering with parts on my own and have worked on a few cars in the past and replaced a few stock radios however I still consider myself an amateur when it comes to these things.

Please any information or tips at all would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
- For those who ordered and installed everything on your own; what was the overall costs of parts and such? Did you find it difficult? Any issues ( backup camera, chime, steering wheel controls all work fine? )
I'm happy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm happy!
Thanks for the reply Traxy!! I actually saw your post and I am envious! How much were the parts overall? Did you have a pretty fairly install, plug and play pretty much?

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Yup! All was plug and play except reverse camera but I figured that out. No other parts needed, all was in the kit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2014 Trax LT and want to change mine out as well. But very expensive because of the stupid onstar. I was quoted $500 just for the crap to plug into the onstar. I am in Canada though so everything is double the price lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts