Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought my 2016 Trax LT last night, and I'm familiar with the controls from my Cruze and my Sonic both before it. I paired my phone, but the steering wheel control pickup/voice prompt button does nothing.

I read through the manual and followed the instructions, and even the initial pairing instruction don't work since i get no response when pressing the voice recognition button. I paired it through the touchscreen instead, and I'm able to use the features on the touchscreen, but i have no push to talk. There is no beep, no response when pressing the button, except the screen switching to the phone dialpad. If I press it twice, it redials the last call.

Anyone experienced this, or know what i'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Same with my paired android phone. The voice prompt only worked when using the OnStar phone calls, but not with a paired cellphone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, seems to work if I ling press after it is paired, but it's iffy. Sometimes it opened Google voice commands loaded, but i can't use all the commands I could in my Cruze, such as changing inputs, or opening the Pandora in-car app.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So if you long press the call button on the steering wheel you get voice prompt instead of the dialpad?

Edit:
I just tried it. Long pressing the call button brought up the voice prompt, but at first all the normal commands I tried said "command not found, try again". Unlike my Plantronics headset, apparently you have to say "John call" instead of "Call John" or it tries to call the last number you used.
Good to know, Thanks for finding this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same issue

when i press the button, nothing. when i double press, dials last number dialed. if i long press, i get a message that says "voice recognition not available on this device." i called chevy, after two reps and 20 minutes later they came to the conclusion on chevy trax there is no voice recognition but they said there was a work around using voice thru on your phone but i havent had time to try it yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
when i press the button, nothing. when i double press, dials last number dialed. if i long press, i get a message that says "voice recognition not available on this device." i called chevy, after two reps and 20 minutes later they came to the conclusion on chevy trax there is no voice recognition but they said there was a work around using voice thru on your phone but i havent had time to try it yet.

That would be correct! You would have to have your Siri, Google or Cortana assistant enabled and perform a long (2sec) press!
I use Cortana and it works flawlessly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to correct my Chevy Trax Bluetooth? It has the following problems: 1) becomes "unpaired" often. 2) voice commands such as "Call John Doe" or "Call 410-555-5555" work less than 10% of the time. The dealer has attempted to fix the problem two times, but they were not successful. For addition info, I have a "Moto G5+" cell phone. Thnks in advance for your suggestions in correcting this problem. At the present time, my rating on the Bluetooth is a "1" on a scale from "1 to 10,"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts