Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 with just over 35,000 and I just got a check engine light. Took it to the dealer and they say its a bad turbo charger. Lucky for me the car is still under warranty and it won't cost me a thing, unlucky for me, the part is on National Back Order with no way of knowing when It will be available. Get told it's ok to drive it just won't have full performance. Fast forward 2 1/2 weeks and now I have a belt squeaking and an idling problem. Is that a residual side effect of a bad turbo? Or something new?

And if i'm not mistaken doesn't the Cruz have the same 1.4 litre, 4 valve turbo just like the Trax and Maybe the Equinox? or is The Equinox a 1.5?

I don't understand why a turbo charger that fits 3 current models would be back ordered. They have a recall I missed?

Up until now I have had Zero Problems....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, got the call that the Turbo is scheduled for delivery today and the repair is scheduled for tomorrow...

Although I don’t think people use this forum much anymore lol

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
We do, but there's not much to add unless people have had similar problems. I know they've upgraded the turbo to a new version to correct some issues but since we don't know your exact issue hard to tell. These turbos have had a dozen changes and improvements over the years. They probably wanted to install the latest version hence the delay in delivery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts