Registered
206 Posts
From the owners manual
Owner Manual Indicator
This symbol is shown when you
need to see the owner manual for
additional instructions or
information.
No Petcan3 was not being a wise guy, that symbol actually means to go look in the owners manual.
It is on page 5-16 of the 2015 owners manual.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wonder if the "Owner Manual Indicator" is lit because the "TC off" icon is on. They want you to read up on the TC.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, does anyone here knows what the encircled symbol on the photo is. Thanks.
Looks like you have received a lot of valuable information here, trax_tracy2013!

As mentioned, this symbol is shown when you need to see the owner manual for additional instructions or information. This information can be found under the Instruments and Controls area of your manual. While we recognize you are seeking opinions, please know that our team is only a private message away if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
772 Posts
I wonder if the "Owner Manual Indicator" is lit because the "TC off" icon is on. They want you to read up on the TC.
I don't remember what it looked like in my Trax but in other GM cars I had the TC off light was a Yellow symbol.

On my corvettes it lit up a symbol that looked like the back of a corvette with lines that represented the cars back end swaying/slipping it was yellow to get your attention.

The pic above looks like it just referring you to the owners manual for information.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't remember what it looked like in my Trax but in other GM cars I had the TC off light was a Yellow symbol.

On my corvettes it lit up a symbol that looked like the back of a corvette with lines that represented the cars back end swaying/slipping it was yellow to get your attention.

The pic above looks like it just referring you to the owners manual for information.
The OP is referring to the cyan open book symbol that is circled. I am wondering if that is lit because the "Traction Control OFF" light is also lit on the speedo just between the 1 and 0, and yes it is yellow like your other vehicles.

Now I have to try to turn off my TC to see if I get the book icon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The photo also shows "Code 173" in the lower right. I don't remember seeing that when I turn off the TCS, so perhaps it's alerting the driver to check the owners manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys for all the info, I didnt notice that code 173, now, the question is how come the AWD was turned off by the computer at that time when it appeared?

·
Registered
772 Posts
The code 173 will have to be checked at the dealer, I don't think the newer cars can be checked with your 50 dollar scanner.

The manual says if you have the small spare on the car (I would also imagine mismatched tire sizes) or the system detects excessive wheel spin the AWD will disable until the system cools down.

Here is a link to the on line Trax owners manual https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2016-trax-owners-manual.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
By my Investigation it seems that some of the AWD units needs a update in the Rear Differential Module.
There is a TSB for this Update.
Also I have the list of 2 and 3 digit codes that may be shown in the DIC . They aren't in the Owners Manual.
Here you can see the Code 73 or 173 is " Service All Wheel Drive system "

Was unable to post the links to the TSB. I need more post ?? Why is this ??

Send me a PM and I will send you the files.

Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like you have received a lot of valuable information here, trax_tracy2013!

As mentioned, this symbol is shown when you need to see the owner manual for additional instructions or information. This information can be found under the Instruments and Controls area of your manual. While we recognize you are seeking opinions, please know that our team is only a private message away if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi HELEN CAN you help? I SEE A CODE 21 ON MY DASH. CAN YOU HELP? TRAX 2016

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Code 173

Code 21

1 - 18 of 18 Posts