Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am traveling and just have a vicarious little key which fell between the seat and console and intact nearly almost under the console. As I was trying to squeeze my hand to get it out I knocked it completely under the console and heard little dinging as in I think it fell quite far. Anybody know how to safely remove the console temporarily? OR any other suggestion- I'm at a loss!

·
Registered
772 Posts
By the looks of mine I would say you pop off the trim around the shift handle to start.

I see no obvious screws, so everything must pull apart, it probably held together with push in clips.

I would start with a small screwdriver see if you can start popping off the trim around the shift then work your way down.

Here is a view of the console in pieces https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-parts/gm-center-console-95363375/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Y2VudGVyLWNvbnNvbGUmaT1HSjE1MzI1NSZyPWxheWVyXzEmYT1jaGV2cm9sZXQmbz10cmF4Jnk9MjAxNSZ0PWx0JmU9MS00bC1sNC1nYXM=

·
Registered
187 Posts
You want to remove the whole piece, cup holders and all? you're going to need those plastic trim removal tools to pry it off without damaging anything.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You don't always need those specific tools. Some people I know are able to do it with just a screw driver wrapped in a microfiber rag or something safe for these delicate surfaces.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You don't always need those specific tools. Some people I know are able to do it with just a screw driver wrapped in a microfiber rag or something safe for these delicate surfaces.
Its nice if you have plastic tools, but most people don't, so just being careful and what James said will do the job.

I popped out plastic panels next to painted panels on Saturday, on the front bumper of my Buick, just using a screw driver and a microfiber towel to pry against.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts