Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought left over 2020 trax lt awd and love it ! had a 2018 ford fiesta that was fun to drive.trax so much bigger and rides better.glad we got it !!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've never driven a Fiesta. I'm not sure if I should be surprised the Trax rides better; although I can imagine the 2 handle a lot differently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting. Y’all must have the LT trim, becuase I have the LS and I HATE My trax. I love the car, but I have had nothing but issues with it since I bought it. The radio went black and for weeks the dealership had my trax, trying to fix it. New radio installed (twice) didn’t fix it. My brakes are STIFF. Tried explaining this when my car was in for the radio, and they blew me off. They did bleed the lines though, because when I got my car back, the brakes were not stiff anymore. I inquired about it and they stated “the mechanic may have bled the brakes”. They wouldn’t outright admit this to me though. Only problem is, it’s been 2 months now since getting my car back from the dealership, and the brakes are back to being incredibly stiff again. I should mention that my car is only 5 months old. I bought it in November of 2020. It’s a 2020 Trax LS. On the upside, I’m glad you don’t have any issues with yours.
Forgot to mention: When I test drove the trax, thy gave me an LT, so I was under the impression that I had cruise control. It wasn’t until I was literally on my way home from the dealership with my brand new car that I couldn’t find the cruise control button, and realized... my car didn’t have it. This is my very first new car purchase too, and it’s been a complete let down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting. Y’all must have the LT trim, becuase I have the LS and I HATE My trax. I love the car, but I have had nothing but issues with it since I bought it. The radio went black and for weeks the dealership had my trax, trying to fix it. New radio installed (twice) didn’t fix it. My brakes are STIFF. Tried explaining this when my car was in for the radio, and they blew me off. They did bleed the lines though, because when I got my car back, the brakes were not stiff anymore. I inquired about it and they stated “the mechanic may have bled the brakes”. They wouldn’t outright admit this to me though. Only problem is, it’s been 2 months now since getting my car back from the dealership, and the brakes are back to being incredibly stiff again. I should mention that my car is only 5 months old. I bought it in November of 2020. It’s a 2020 Trax LS. On the upside, I’m glad you don’t have any issues with yours.
Forgot to mention: When I test drove the trax, thy gave me an LT, so I was under the impression that I had cruise control. It wasn’t until I was literally on my way home from the dealership with my brand new car that I couldn’t find the cruise control button, and realized... my car didn’t have it. This is my very first new car purchase too, and it’s been a complete let down.
If you're interested, check Kelly Blue Book. If you don't know of this site: it is a common company banks, dealers, and people use to find a price range for vehicles. Year, make, model, trim level, additional options, zip code, mileage, and condition. New price, used price, trade in value, private party sale (sale that does not involve a dealership). Maybe check a price range for a 2020 LS and 2020 LT or Premiere/LTZ. I don't know your finances, nor do I want to know. Just a thought if you might want to swap your LS for a higher trim level.

Kelley Blue Book

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had 2 trax a 2016 and 2019 still have the 2019, brakes on both were stiff for a few months, and then slowly got comfortable. My 2019 is a LT and it has cruise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow sorry to hear all this , I bought my new chevy trax back in 2018 LS AWD White I can say one thing its good on gas now that gas prices are soaring!!!! but the 1st problem I had with the car was the crack arm in front steering there was a recall on that year go I took it to get it fixed they ended up having the car for over 2 months there was no part replacement so they had to manufacture one? They even offered to buy the car back?? which i declined Crazy huh? Next was the control fan speed for the A/C went out an it would only blow at speed 4,speeds 1 2 an 3 there was no speeds?? The radio goes out sometimes with out me turning it off? @ 40,000 miles the car developed a antfreez leak a small leak in the radiator but I need to get it fixed I see the antifreez drips on my driveway. when I had that recall a few years ago they left my steering wheel crooked, my hands were on the steering wheel at 9 an 3 when the car was brand new, now it feels like 10 an 4 but I'm gonna just pay this SUV up in a few months an keep it as my second car for work an errands get everyting up to par andafter and purchase a new import later this year...I thought I'd give our domestic cars a chance.. But nope I"m going back to the imports!!! Wasnt happy with the car an prior to purchasing this car I drove Imports around for years...... Going back!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts