Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new 2019 Chevy Trax Owner, LS trim package, FWD. Not many creature comforts but a practical and nimble vehicle, and it has good looks and styling. This is the first car I have purchased in - gulp - 33 years, if you can believe it. The last car I purchased new was a 1987 Pontiac Firebird Formula, 305, 2 barrel carburetor, 5 speed manual transmission. After it was stolen from my apartment complex in Albuquerque, NM a few years later, I stuck with buying used vehicles outright with cash from their original owners and did pretty well for all those years until this year. My most recent used car was a 1998 Saturn SL1 I purchased from the original owner in 2010, 5 speed manual, no power windows, but one of the most reliable cars I have ever driven. At almost 200K miles, however, it was becoming less and less desirable to drive. After the A/C system cut out, I started recalculating costs. I could have put $600 into a new system, but still would have had an analog technology car. The time had come to go more digital.

I like how the technology of the new Chevrolet cars has advanced, including the turbo engine with decent gas mileage, center stack and OnStar package, so I am pleased with the purchase this past July. I just don't like the car payments and higher costs of auto insurance - sticker shock there - but I enjoy the vehicle, so I am sticking with it. The car feels solidly built, and the engine performance is outstanding. I also joined the Chevrolet Smart Driver program to track my driving habits. I recommend this to people in the community, as after 90 days of tracking driving habits, Chevrolet sends the information to a few insurance companies without identifying your name who will consider the data in their quotes to you. So, if you are in the program and looking for a new quote from a different company, ask if they use the Smart Driver program data. GEICO does not, I have learned.

As of reading comments in the forum here today on the benefit of using higher octane, I am switching to Shell's V premium blend. Also, another writer was correct about avoiding buying fuel at the independents - it is true that they use substandard detergents and other substances in their gas.

v/r,
Paris

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts

What color? Do you have a picture?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts