Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my daughter (17) a 2016 Trax LTZ. She thinks the car has slow acceleration and little power compared to her previous Hyundai. Is there anything I can do to make it go faster? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
It has a 1.4 liter engine. Not a race car for sure. She will get used to it unless yours actually has a problem. It takes a second for the turbo to kick in but once it does it has plenty of power. You may want to check all the clamps on the intake side to make sure everything is tight and you're not losing boost, other than that it is what it is.

Reactions: Prince Fan

·
Registered
60 Posts
This vehicle uses fuel that is up to 10% ethanol. Ethanol has less energy than gasoline, If you have a store that sells straight gas (non oxygenated, or non ox for short) you may get a bit extra in power and mileage. However, that fuel is more expensive.

Trax Forum cold air intake thread
Trax Forum Vendor Deals thread

2 things come to mind if you plan on modifying things: make sure the vehicle can safely stop and what you put on/in will actually work with the vehicle. Some things might throw a code or require something in the computer system to be adjusted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts