Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a 2013 Trax with 2LT AWD, its a great vehicle to drive with so far, waiting for the winter and snow to see how does the stock tires handles the snow here in manitoba. May I ask some ideas as where to start for building a cargo shelf. I was looking to start as a mounting point on the attached picture (encirled) but cant seem to find any parts that would fit to it. Any ideas? Please see photo attached. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
If your Trax is a 2LT you should have received the shelf with the car.

It came with my 1LT and it came with my Buick Encore, before trying to make one take a look at the one that came with the car.

If the one that came with the car is suitable for your use I would ask the dealer where you bought it where the **** is it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will asking the dealer tomorrow then. But still looking to find ways to make a shelf to carry weight and still be able to store something beneath.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The best thing you can do to add more weight to the shelf is add a brace either run a piece of metal like a tube or a solid bar under the shelf or cut a piece of wood to go from the floor to the center of the brace.

You could also strenghten it with a piece of plywood cut to fit under the shelf to keep the shelf from bending.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! I would be pretty upset if the dealer duped me like that though. It may have been an accident, may not, go and ask anyways. But congratulations on the purchase !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly, the shelf didnt come with it, as what the dealer said, they said that they checked the manufacturer history and even contacted the previous owner and the previous owner didnt have it at any time. Looks like i really need to make one rather than buying it for over a 100 bucks. Whats your take?

·
Registered
149 Posts
dealer will always be able to order one. If not a required item now, watch the forum for one being sold and other web sites for a deal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yea.. maybe just fab something up for now and if someone on the forums ends up posting theirs for sale, you'll end up with a deal and won't have to pay full price at the stealership

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for all your ideas and take on this matter, I will definitely fab for now, I have checked home depot and home hardware but can't find a foldable leg bracket. Any suggestions where to find one locally? Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have one of those standing work stations at work. The shelf has a two piece rod that threads into each other. That might be a good option that adjust and give good support. Look at office supply stores like Staples etc... also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one of those standing work stations at work. The shelf has a two piece rod that threads into each other. That might be a good option that adjust and give good support. Look at office supply stores like Staples etc... also.
Do you have a pic of it? I went on staples and other stores didn't find anything that I can use....... Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
Why not try to find the OEM shelf locally, by putting an ad in Craigslist you may luck out or you might find one from another car that has close dimensions.

·
Registered
745 Posts
don't forget about any bigger GM forums, with all those eyeballs there has to be someone that will have it or someone that knows someone else. Anything to better your chances.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Which Trax do you have?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts