Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are just 250 miles on my 2021 Trax LS AWD. I bought it a short time ago at the end of the 2021 model year. It was "In Transit," so I put a deposit on it and picked it up a few days later. Paid cash for it. 2021 Trax cars are hard to come by right now, so I snapped this one up without seeing it before I bought it. The dealer was fine. We went in, I wrote a check, and we drove it away. Didn't even test drive it. It's a new car with a warranty, right?

Why a Trax? Well, I wanted the cheapest AWD crossover I could find. I only buy new cars with full factory warranties. When the warranty is done, I swap them for another new car.

What do I think of the Trax? Well, it works fine and the new LE-2 engine makes it a bit peppier than the previous years. Seems fine, so far. We'll see how the AWD works in a couple of months when the snow starts to fall. It hits Interstate speeds by the end of the onramp with just half throttle, and cruises at 70 mpg at just 2300 RPM, so it's all good.

The Trax is our second car. The other is a 2020 KIA Soul LX. I like it just fine, too. We drive each car only about 5000 miles per year, so we're not long distance drivers.

I think the Trax will work out just fine for our needs. It's not the coolest-looking small crossover. The Soul has it beat by a mile on that. But the Soul isn't AWD, and my wife wanted that feature, so we bought a Trax.

What don't I like? I don't like not having a coolant temperature display. That's about it. I'll probably order a grille cover for it, assuming that the dealer can order one. It gets damned cold here in the winter, and that should let it warm up faster. Anyone have one of those?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi George C. Welcome to the forum. I'm southwest of Minneapolis. I bought a '15 LT AWD September 2019. So far, it's done alright for me. The few hills that were a pain for other 2WD vehicles I've had are not a problem with this. This is definitely easier on the fuel than a chevy 1500 4wd and Astro AWD. Going over the ridges left by plows at the intersections are rarely a problem. Starting on a slight incline with some snow or slight ice gives me a bit of slide for about 1 - 2 seconds until the center differential engages. I don't like this missing temp gauge either. The other thing I've noticed is the time for the engine to warm up. Less than 0 for outside temperature, let engine idle about 10 minutes and heater is lukewarm. I used an aftermarket gauge cluster on an android. Engine temp rarely reached the 210 mark. I usually kept the air selector on recirculate. Mine isn't a cold vehicle. Temp gauge usually showed 195 - 205 range by the time my 5.5 mile commute was finished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts