Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
My girlfriend bought a 2013 Trax AWD several months ago. She loves it, etc, etc, etc. lol anyways, the ever so problematic question as to what to get her for Christmas. I was thinking weathertech car mats. The only issue is that they supposedly don't make them for the 2013. I even emailed their customer support and asked if the 2014's would fit the 2013's. Supposedly not. What I noticed on their website tho is that the 2014-2017 Trax have the same part number. Also, as we all know, the Buick Encore is the exact same, so naturally their 2013-2016 mats have the same part number as the Trax too. For $180, does anything think it's safe to assume that the 2013 has the same "floor pattern" as every other year of the Trax/Encore? Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part numbers for both models and years are the same for the ones they have listed. What I'm guessing is that, since the 2013 is a Canadian and not a US model, and the fact that they're a US based company, they didn't laser measure the floor on a 2013 and never made any mats for them. I'm sure the customer service rep that emailed me back saying they wouldn't fit just looked at a list and saw that the 2013 wasn't on it and said it wouldn't fit. 44532-1-2 is the part number for 2013-2016 Encore's and 2014-2017 Trax's

·
Registered
149 Posts
But they did not change ( physically - floor pattern) in the Trax from 2013 to 2014 . So, my guess is you are correct those floor mats will fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I kinda figured I was correct but I found this forum and asked you all. I couldn't find anyone that mentioned weathertech mats in a 2013. The ones that did pop up were all "custom floor mats" in 2013's.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The only thing that could be different would be the mounting posts, weather tech mats are so thick and stiff that you wouldn't need them anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For all those who were wondering, which I'm sure wasn't very many lol the weathertech 2014 Trax mats/P#: 44532-1-2, fit the 2013 Trax. They got delivered today and I just put them in. Even the mounting posts were in the right spots. Figured I'd let you all know to possibly open up an option for both members and google searchers. I'm debating on whether or not I should email customer service back and tell them they fit

·
Registered
7 Posts
I Bought a 2014 Trax (Used) in June......I Live in Quebec Canada and the previous owner was French.... I was able to change the setting for my Radio to English but the Voice Recognion Help is still in French..... How can I Change the voice from French to English?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I keep the PDF owners manuals for all my vehicles in my phone. It sure has come in handy when an idiot light that I was not familiar with came on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Beeguz...Thank-you for this Information..... I now have The PDF Manual on my computer.......I Followed these instructions but they only changed the language on the Radio Panel...... The voice recognition is still in French and won't respond to my English commands

·
Registered
181 Posts
I Bought a 2014 Trax (Used) in June......I Live in Quebec Canada and the previous owner was French.... I was able to change the setting for my Radio to English but the Voice Recognion Help is still in French..... How can I Change the voice from French to English?
I believe that's tied to the OnStar system. You need to press the OnStar button and talk to the representative, ask to have it set to English.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank-you probak118 for your P.M. Sorry but I am not allowed yet to reply as I have not enough posts The options you mentioned I Already have with my Trax .....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello bswarm, I called OnStar and they told me there are 3 buttons on the Mirror...... To Change the language I Had to hold the one on the Extreme left till voice then follow the instructions ..... Thank-you for the help ...... My Trax needs the Upgrade to the 4G hardware which is why I could not connect using the Blue button ( Had to use cell ) still debating if I need it
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keyless locking system

I have a serious question. In case of emergency, if the doors are locked and the internal power fails, how can the driver and passengers get out? Is there a manual door opening option in the car?

Somone please help!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your asking if doors are locked and no power is available to unlock doors using the unlock buttons located on the inside panels ? From a safety point, if that was the case there would be some major concerns. Manually lifting of the locks is always an option but sometimes tricky.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your asking if doors are locked and no power is available to unlock doors using the unlock buttons located on the inside panels ? From a safety point, if that was the case there would be some major concerns. Manually lifting of the locks is always an option but sometimes tricky.
I don't know if the doors will unlock from a power failure either, so I bought one of these and put it in the drivers side dash compartment. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F7YMUWU

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your link does not work and like you said, nothing I can see in the Trax O& M about this specific scenario. Out Dodge Journey and Terrain both have hidden keys attached to the FOB.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts