Chevy Trax Forum banner

New owner, old hand @ cars & forums!

618 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Ed-S 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2016 Trax LT for my wife to replace the Buick Regal she totaled.
Have owned umpteen vehicles over 50 yrs, but this is the first "compact" and first 4 cylinder. Have always been in the "bigger is better" mindset, I drive an F150 crew cab & think THAT's a bit on the small side. So the Trax is a huge adjustment, but she's happy with it. It's also our first Chevy in decades, but that's no biggee.

So far kind of impressed with it. More power than expected from a 4 cyl, even with turbo. Seems well built, decent options. VERY easy to drive around local, but scary on hiway. Obviously not meant to run with the big dogs in St Louis County!
Biggest complaint is lack of gauges - first vehicle I've seen in decades that lacks a temperature or oil gauge! Admit I kind of assumed it was in the DIC display options, but not that I can find or document.

I'm sure I'll have questions, starting with this - how & where to add a proper temp gauge? That'll blend & won't look like something out of the '70's?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.