Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2018 used. I had told the salesman I wanted to get something small that would tow a light trailer with my motorcycle on it. Ok, I bought the Trax and found out it is not rated to tow anything. Has anyone put a tow hitch on it and used it to tow light trailers?
I really should have known better than to believe the salesman.
So far I like the little guy.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I just bought a 2018 used. I had told the salesman I wanted to get something small that would tow a light trailer with my motorcycle on it. Ok, I bought the Trax and found out it is not rated to tow anything. Has anyone put a tow hitch on it and used it to tow light trailers?
I really should have known better than to believe the salesman.
So far I like the little guy.
Picture listed is from the owners manual for my '15. You might want to check yours. Maybe a hitch for a bicycle. Personally, I wouldn't use mine to tow a motorcycle or a snowmobile.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a tow hitch on my 2020 Trax. I tow a 4x8 small trailer. I have no trouble towing 1000 lbs.They make hitches for them and wireing harness for the trailer lights. it will tow your motorcycle with no problems. I believe the Trax is rated to tow in Europe.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts

I believe the Trax is rated to tow in Europe.
With the diesel engine and manual transmission.
But I do agree with you I have a hitch and haul a small utility trailer and it does fine on fairly flat land. It is all about common sense too.... Look for trouble and you can quickly find it. I don't know how much a Harley weighs but you should have no problem if you remain within reason.

Reactions: apache snow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

With the diesel engine and manual transmission.
But I do agree with you I have a hitch and haul a small utility trailer and it does fine on fairly flat land. It is all about common sense too.... Look for trouble and you can quickly find it. I don't know how much a Harley weighs but you should have no problem if you remain within reason.
My Honda VTX 1300 weighs in at 750 lbs. And then there is the weight of everything in the car or on the trailer. I tow with the bike now, but ruined a shoulder and have worries about long distances on the bike. I have a small Harbor Freight trailer and pack it to the hilt. The only problem the bike has is the front end comes up when you start off and you have to watch the braking distance. Wonder if the car will have the same problems lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts