Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a chance to buy some 2020 Premier 18 inch rims. If I put new tire pressure sensors in them, will I have to get them programmed or will the computer recognize them and make adjustments. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK I found out how to put it in learn mode and use a programmer to get them to work. One question, does this have to be done when rotating the tires as well?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wheel deal fell through. Will a 7.5 42 mm off set work like the optional ones on a 2021 trax.

·
Super Moderator
2,120 Posts
One question, does this have to be done when rotating the tires as well?
Yes you have to reprogram the TPMS every time you move them. I just bought a cheap programmer from Ali-Express. Actually I purchased 5 and sold 4 to pay for the one I kept.

My wheel deal fell through. Will a 7.5 42 mm off set work like the optional ones on a 2021 trax.
You also have to check the eccentric hole diameter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much. Yeah every thing is the same. They are .5 wider and 42 mm off set instead of 38 mm. They came off a Buick encore so should work. Trax and encore usually share some wheels. I wasd worried about the off set more than anything.

·
Super Moderator
2,120 Posts
Should work fine, my Encore has beautiful wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'm going to need the center caps. I have new TPSM already. I ordered the programmer for them last night. I put the Buick springs on the KYB shocks this past week end. Now I just need to switch them out. My fog lights and covers are here. My wife got some mud guards for her new Equinox so need to get them put on. I got too many projects. LOL.
May the force be with you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts