Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, bought this beauty as a wreck, really don't understand why insurance wrote this one off. Must have something to do with new vehicle replacement policies. No air bags deployed and the vehicle wasn't even in an impact, it was just ditched from lost of control. I replaced driver's side headlamp assembly, driver's side mirror, driver's side fender, driver's side mudflap and lower front valance in one mornings workout. Buffed the paint and voilà! Brought it for an alignment and they didn't touch it, said it was bang on. I was lucky to get the fender and mirror of the right color.

I've since made it more mine by adding front fog lights, rear bumper protector and doing little stuff like painting the front bow-tie and rear wiper cover. This replaces my old 2007 Cobalt which was a great car and my 2011 Silverado, wish I could say it was a great vehicle but the check engine light was on more often than alarm clock.

Today I replaced all four center caps that were really corroded from last winters driving, will never happen again with me.

Reactions: ChevyTraxLS+

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice job, looks good. If not for needing more room, we would still have our Trax. Hope you enjoy is for a long time, maybe a little tint on the front door windows next ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great rescue story and a really beautiful car. Looks like she's finally found a good home. Don't tell my black LT, but I think yours is one of the best looking colors available on the Trax.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nice looking Trax, you can find some great cars that need very little in the way of repair that were written off for small amounts of damage.

A friend of mine builds wrecks, he buys cars makes the repairs then sells them after driving them for awhile, he buys high end cars mostly.

Good luck with your new Trax.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention this is a 2016.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you put the front tag on? Mine didn't come with one installed and now I want one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you call tag? French guy here and I don't know all the American terms.

·
Registered
772 Posts
What do you call tag? French guy here and I don't know all the American terms.
Tag is the license plate I think he is referring to the license plate bracket or holder.

My car came with one I took it off, because Pennsylvania is a one license plate state.
Of course now I have 4 little holes that the dealer drilled in my bumper, but the little holes are better than that big black thing to hold the plate.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wife wants her cat tag in the front. I feel I must comply for my safety. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Either get the one beeguz removed from his Trax or get one from ebay or dealer.

Part No. 95374599
Part Description ATTACHMENT KIT
Your Price: $22.00

Or you'll get clawed and scratched.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just purchased 4 of these chromed amber bulbs. I'll get rid of those egg yokes yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Installed LED back-up bulbs today. The same ones I had installed in my Encore. These are amazingly bright.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Night picture, I see now while backing up at night.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Today made my Trax more mine by removing the egg yokes in my tail lights. Still waiting for the front ones to come in.

From this...

To this...

They still flash amber!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I know I have a tag holder from my Buick, but I'm not sure I have one from the trax,( I will have to look in my collection of front tag holders) if the Buick tag bracket is the same you can have that one.

Whatever it cost me to ship it is what I will take for it, I can stuff it in a padded envelope that is about the cheapest I don't think it will fit in the $5 dollar box.

·
Super Moderator
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Took the egg yokes out of the Encore tail lamps too, although a bit harder to get at at least I didn't have to remove the tail lamp assembly.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I looked last night for that plate holder, don't have one, I'm happy you found yours.

I have about 6 of them dating back to 2008 the 08 from a Pontiac Solstice.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts