Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ordered a bug deflector for the Trax from Amazon and it was shipped via Purolator. An other Purolator fail, it arrived this morning broken in 2 in the box.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I order a corvette grill for a C6 it was cold out when it arrived, near zero, they must have been tossing it around it was broken in a few pieces.

The seller didn't want to know nothing about replacing it, so I launched a claim on ebay that shuts down their pay pal they made nice in a hurry they couldn't do enough for me.

They probably tried to stuff your bug deflector it into a truck that had too much on it to start with.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
This seller issued an RMA immediately and Purolator pick it up for return this afternoon while delivering the bug deflector I ordered for my daughter's Encore.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Today, I decided to put the winter tires on even though it's still fairly warm. But things change quickly up here!

At the same time decided to do a brake service, everything looked nice and nothing was seized- up, pads looked new so cleaned and lubed the sliders. Took this opportunity to paint the calipers and brackets since I still have body color paint left over. I know, I'm a bit OCD.

Before:

After:

Can't see them too much with the winter rims but I'm sure it will look nice with the alloy wheels next spring.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bummer, after looking at the pictures I posted I realized the tire shop mounted the wrong size tire on the rims and it doesn't match the receipt. They should have been P215 /65-R16. Will call the shop Monday.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got 4 new right size tires today to replace their mistake. What a beehive that place is 11 minutes from the time I pulled in to the time I pulled out. 4 guys with 4 tire changers with one guy on the balancer. Unreal!

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
No more YOKES

This morning I finally received my 7443 Chrome amber bulbs from AliExpress seller.
I promptly went about changing the 4 front blinker bulbs.

Went from this...

To this... much much better

Little extra tip, while at it I displaced the piece of foam lower on the prop rod so if I accidentally drop it doesn't take a paint chip from the edge of the fender.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I liked it so much that I did the same thing to the Encore

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Finally received an undamaged bug deflector this morning from Amazon.ca and brought it over to get painted at a local body shop. This guy is really reasonable and loves these little jobs, he says there's nothing worse than watching paint dry and this gives him something to do while he waits for paint or bondo body filler to dry.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just picked up my bug deflector from the paint shop. Super job and almost a perfect match. I understand you can never get it bang on. Now I have to way on a nice sunny warmer day to stick it on the hood if I want it to stay there since it is just held in place with 3M tape. I will probably add a few dabs of goop here and there to make sure it stays.

Making my Trax even more mine

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Since it warmed right up today I decided it was a good time to install my deflector, so I wiped the hood dry since it was raining then cleaned the area where it was going to rest with paint thinner and then pressed the deflector in place and voilà all done, took all of 5 minutes.

You can barely tell it's there

You can see it a bit more at this angle where the light hits it differently but still better than having that black stripe across the top.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
That was kinda the whole point of getting it painted. I hate that black shelf on other Traxs it makes them look so unengineered. ( I know it's not a word but you know what I mean ) Now I'm actually thinking of pulling the vent visors and getting them painted. I think it would make it look more streamlined and give it a lower profile without being lower. Did this on my 2004 Outlander and it looked great. Have to look closely in this picture but all vent visors are painted body color.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Milestone or should I say kilometerstone...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Traxy, have you replaced the license plate bulbs with led? If so, how did you get the bulbs out? My wire is so short I can not rotate the housings to pull out the bulb socket.

Loving your Trax mods, looks great!

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks! Funny you should ask, I was actually looking at that yesterday but it was so cold decided to wait for a warmer day. I'm going to change them for sure, let me know how you make out. What bulbs are in there?

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Found it ''W5WLL''

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks! Funny you should ask, I was actually looking at that yesterday but it was so cold decided to wait for a warmer day. I'm going to change them for sure, let me know how you make out. What bulbs are in there?
Looks like a standard 194, but I have messed with it a couple of times and the wire is too short to easily twist the socket out. I'll give it a go later and try to get some needle nose pliers on it.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts