Chevy Trax Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Today I received the lock caps for my Encore. The Encore is prettier and fancier than my Trax with lots of chromed parts and accent so just seemed fitting that these should also be chrome. I know, I know, I'm the only one that will see these since they aren't visible when the doors are closed but I'm just anal that way. Others must be too since they sell these.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
92 Posts
What type did you get? I ordered these in white...
I have some 194 led bulbs laying around from previous installs. If they look good I will leave them in. If I can ever get them in, that is!

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well today I received the covers for the door latch for the Trax.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Little things make a difference, others might not see them but you see the difference, that is all that counts.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Today I received my W5W LED replacement bulbs. So I did the vanity section at the rear view mirror. You can pop the lens by inserting a flat tool at the front and the rear of the lens pulls strait down. Simple enough unlike the dome light.

When it gets warmer I will do the rear license plate bulbs and will post here.

Like beeguz says little things that make a difference and makes it yours.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Liked it so much I did the same to the Encore.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Looks like a standard 194, but I have messed with it a couple of times and the wire is too short to easily twist the socket out. I'll give it a go later and try to get some needle nose pliers on it.
Did this today on the Encore. Couldn't believe one bulb was already burnt. Like you said wires are really short but it's doable, the left one was easy but the right one was tight. Only used my fingers.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Well today being a mild day ( 10°C ) and the rain stopped, I decided to change the oil and filter in the Trax since the monitor was at 8%.

Then I proceeded to replace the license plate bulbs for LEDs, simple enough, both lenses come away from the left of the housing. Like previously mentioned wires are short but this is doable. I added a little bit of dielectric grease to protect the contacts from corrosion due to road salt. In the first picture you can see the difference between the two.

I'll try to remember to take a nighttime picture.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looking good Traxy. I will just need to get rough with it next time to get them out!

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I just held one side of the socket against the edge of the hole and twisted the lens instead of twisting the socket out of the lens.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Today I received my door arrester caps and installed them. Making it mine...

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Today I finally received my Door Lock Screw Protector Covers, just an other little embellishment project that makes my pretty little Trax mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Just made a couple of new emoticon to Welcome new members to the Trax forum in sunset orange of course.

Reactions: DustTrax

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The more I drive my Trax the more I like it. Trifecta hasn't answered back for the tune, still waiting.

Reactions: Karmike2

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
I have solved the short wire issue from the righthand license plate socket. If you look inside the rectangular hole you'll notice the harness runs through a retainer, if you move the wires down they slide right out and give you about 1.5'' more slack. Of course you'll never be able to put it back but who cares your bulb is now changeable.

Tried to take a picture but couldn't peak in the hole with my cell.

Reactions: adamjeeps
41 - 60 of 84 Posts