Chevy Trax Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
This beautiful Buick doesn't see winter road salt, I have a Trax for that. It's plated from April 1st to October 31st. I leave the Trax plated and insured as a grocery getter during this time.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Today when I opened my hatch I found a firefly trying to illuminate the cargo space so time to change for LED bulb.

There's a slot to the left of the lens for a flat screwdriver and it pulls straight out.

The way the socket is made you can't use an LED bulb with a metal case so I wanted to use one of these because they are very bright but it ends up being a little too long.

So I ended up using one of these.

Not as bright but brighter than the original 194LL

I'm going to try and grind a bit of the other one to see if it still works and then try it.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Okay I trimmed about an 1/8" off of the first LED and it still worked and now fits in the socket, it's much brighter.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I have solved the short wire issue from the righthand license plate socket. If you look inside the rectangular hole you'll notice the harness runs through a retainer, if you move the wires down they slide right out and give you about 1.5'' more slack. Of course you'll never be able to put it back but who cares your bulb is now changeable.

Tried to take a picture but couldn't peak in the hole with my cell.
bswarm Just realized I had an endoscope camera, here's a picture of that hook that holds the harness to the right hand license plate bulb. You just need to slip the wires over this hook and it gives you about 1.5"-2" of play.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
an other kilometerstone...

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Both my Encore and the Trax are pretty consistent as far as fuel economy with the Buick being slightly better being a front wheel drive only.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Found a nice leatherette mat for the Buick. I may get one for the Trax also.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
an other kilometerstone...

Reactions: mr_randomguy

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
As a passtime I repair GM flip keyFOBs. If you look at the one on the left you will notice it needed a new switch. This type of damage is usually caused by long finger nail on thumb. If you look above the unlock icon on the left you will notice the arced gouge in the rubber the shape of a finger nail. Installed 2 new cases and a new lock switch in the left FOB, I have a new happy customer. Dealer wanted over $400 to replace these.

I strongly suggest owners of this type of flip key to get a silicone cover to protect the buttons. Especially the Trax since the replacement case is not yet available.

With remote start

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-...lgo_pvid=67eaecb9-dff3-4ee6-b1d9-86ef84ef5c61

Without remote start

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xin...lgo_pvid=67eaecb9-dff3-4ee6-b1d9-86ef84ef5c61

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The devil made me do it.>:D

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
An other milestone. They sure stack-up quick.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Added LEDs in my power window switch so all 4 would be lit..Making it mine one mod at a time.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Unbelievable how fast they pile on.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Saw my Encore twin today ( Not as nice ) and it had vent visors. I'm really torn on this one, don't know if I like or dislike. What are your thoughts on vent visors?

Mine...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The area I live in rarely gets rain. That is the only reason to have them I felt. Best case they allow some ventilation without being too much. Worst case they mess up your aerodynamics and lose you what, a 1/4 of a MPG. Realistically it comes down to looks. I personally don't like the look on the trax. It seems to be too "bumpy" for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think they look perfectly fine on that Encore. The dark paint color makes them not stand out too much.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts