Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just started my garage info on my new Trax.
Have been on the Sonic forums for a while so a lot of the mechanicals of this vehicle are familiar to me already.
Always look forward to any new info I can learn about my new vehicle.
Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the vehicle. And the MPG is quite good. Only two tanks of fuel so far but 34.7 mpg. Mostly driving around town.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have seen up to 39 mpg,in the warm months, you do loose a few MPG when oil companies switch to the winter gas formula.

Winter driving cuts your mileage down into the high 20's, you tend to let the car run longer and warming the engine and turbo is a good idea in winter.

Also in summer you should let the turbo warm up a little before use and then cool down before shutting off the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,
Just started my garage info on my new Trax.
Have been on the Sonic forums for a while so a lot of the mechanicals of this vehicle are familiar to me already.
Always look forward to any new info I can learn about my new vehicle.
Thanks.
liking your RS badge.. got a part number for it? you get that from the dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like the vehicle. And the MPG is quite good. Only two tanks of fuel so far but 34.7 mpg. Mostly driving around town.
You are getting nearly 35 mpg for mostly city driving! Wow, I am impressed! I have been getting about 22 mpg city with a 2015 LT AWD, and I have a pretty good hyper-mile technique. I measure the fuel used at the pump and do the math the old fashioned way. I have found the mpg indicator to be about 1 mpg optimistic. What's your secret?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I seem to always get great gas mileage on anything I drive, I only calculate my mileage using my home calculator.

I must have a light touch, I don't really ever go wide open throttle, there is nowhere I need to go that fast.

My new Miata with a 6 speed stick gets me 42+ around town, without trying to get mpg's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trips from home to work avg. 45 mph. Limited stops. Seems to really get good MPG. My Sonic same trips gets around 50mpg. No joke.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are getting nearly 35 mpg for mostly city driving! Wow, I am impressed! I have been getting about 22 mpg city with a 2015 LT AWD, and I have a pretty good hyper-mile technique. I measure the fuel used at the pump and do the math the old fashioned way. I have found the mpg indicator to be about 1 mpg optimistic. What's your secret?
AWD will get slightly less but seems like you should get at least 30 in town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts