Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2017 LS Trax AWD yesterday...put it up on the lift to start cosmoline rustproofing....Surprised to see a Cast iron? rear axle...Everything looks great with exception of the lack of splash shield in the front leaving the engine & drive train exposed....Will correct with rubber liners....Lack of cruise & CD player is a bit of a disappointment....Love the two tone interior with the light gray seat & dash inserts..... Wakes it right up.....0:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm a new member too, but I'm still thinking of buying Trax. Here I already found a lot of recommendations and some good bits of advice. So if you have a question you can ask people here or just try to search it in one of a forum's sections.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Picked up my new 2017 LS Trax AWD yesterday...put it up on the lift to start cosmoline rustproofing....Surprised to see a Cast iron? rear axle...Everything looks great with exception of the lack of splash shield in the front leaving the engine & drive train exposed....Will correct with rubber liners....Lack of cruise & CD player is a bit of a disappointment....Love the two tone interior with the light gray seat & dash inserts..... Wakes it right up.....0:)
Ours didn't have cruise or CD as well. The dealer added cruise aftermarket for us. The CD we don't miss. We use our Pandora and ipod

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope you enjoy yours as much as my wife has her '15. As for the lack of a CD player, we have a '17 Chevy City Express van at work. We're talking a panel mini van with two seats and no interior to speak of and it came with a CD player that will never be used. Yet you couldn't get a CD in a Trax, go figure. >:D

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Who uses CD anymore with bluetooth and USB ports and even an AUX in. I haven't played a CD in 5 years or more. I carry my music on my cell or on a USB key.....

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Don't forget to shake it before youpush that 8 track in or it'll tighten up on you. Especially the Merle Haggard and George Jones ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree, between AUX and satellite radio I haven?t used a CD in a vehicle in a long time. Actually last time I used it was for an audio book, which with audio book via phone takes care of that now. And also agree 8 tracks and cassette decks were THE option to have ?back in the day?.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on your new Trax, trust me, it'll be an awesome ride all-around! Enjoy the "all-wheel-drive", I hear it's pretty-sweet in the winter months with the appropriate winter tires.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I put the few CD's I had on a thumb drive, I copied the CD's to the computer then to the drive.

Now I have the same kind of drive in both my cars, with the same music on them, when I push the button to turn on my music I don't have to worry about ruining discs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts