Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! For the better part of one year, I have been researching the ttax vs the honda hrv. I needed a 4cyl vehicle that was larger than a car but same fuel efficency. I studied various thing such as interior size, features , engine , and transmission. It came down to the transmission and I chose the trax over hondas horror stories cvt.
Suprisingly, both vehicles are very similar but the main diffrrence for me was the trans. I recently bought a 2019 trax. I bought FWD because AWD gives me more moving parts for error and I have been driving FWD for almost 15 years in Michigan snow with no problem. I really enjoy it so far. I noticed the lever to adjust back angle is in an akward place by the seat belt between the door body and seat. I havnt drove it much but it is much quicker than the HRV . I really like how much room it had, we picked someone up from the air port we were 5 ppl in the car and a luggage bag in the back, had to rekove trunl shelf but we all fit and it did not lack power on the highway.

Happy with my choice so far hope to learn how to maintain it at top quality from this site. Lots of good info here thank you. Best wishes happy traxing !

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts

There's a storage place for the privacy shelf.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There's a storage place for the privacy shelf.

I would have never guessed! Great tip! Keep them coming! I believe one of the back seat belt buckle is hidden under the seat so I need to learn how to fold the seats down and such. I really like this car it reminds me of my Pt cruiser. Small car with loads of room! I am thinking about installing a hitch to pull a super small trailer or something light. Also going to get a bluetooth OBD scanner to monitor temps.
I will be reading the form to figure out the best brand engine oil and transmission fluid.

I take care of my cars that when I sell them 5+ years later I get a great return. This is however the first vehicle I bought certified. $14k for 2019 with 18k Miles. Super clean car still smells new.

I bought this as a family car. I drive a beater pick up to work everyday but needed a car for the wife to take the kids to school (if they ever go back) and for when we go out on weekends. Super satisfied with the price & quality of this car. 4Cyl have really come along way since my 04 pt cruiser or grand am or my 83 bmw 316.Traded my 08 civic with 140k miles and received $2k for it when I bought it for $4k 5 years ago!

We drove over 50 miles and only one bar from the gas meter has been spent. At this rate, the fuel will loose it's quality before it's fully spent!
Any tips on how to keep in tip top shape will be great. For the first year it will be going to the dealer for fluids and such so if there is any questions I should ask or places to check when I visit let me know!
I'd also love to hear why people chose this car over others.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
I believe one of the back seat belt buckle is hidden under the seat so I need to learn how to fold the seats down and such.
Just pull the strap in front of the rear seat and fold the seat cushion on the floor behind the front seat, then pull the latch on top of the back part of the seat near the headrest and fold down.

If you take it to the dealer for an oil change ( I wouldn't ) make sure they put the right oil filter in. You may want to check which one you have before hand.

Reactions: terratone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just pull the strap in front of the rear seat and fold the seat cushion on the floor behind the front seat, then pull the latch on top of the back part of the seat near the headrest and fold down.

If you take it to the dealer for an oil change ( I wouldn't ) make sure they put the right oil filter in. You may want to check which one you have before hand.

Yes! Great info about the seats. The trunk space is awesome! As far as oil change, I get two or so free that is the only reason for going to dealer. I usually do all my own oil changes at home but if its free its for me. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
If you are a tall person you may want to invest in a couple of wing nuts so you can completely remove the seat bottom so you can push the seat back.

Yeah they offered me those free oil changes, I never went back considering the damage they might do may be more costly than an oil change. They usually have a kid off the street doing oil changes, no thanks!

Reactions: Magnite2

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
I knew somebody would be surprised. Had mine 2 years before I discovered that!

Reactions: Magnite2

·
Registered
53 Posts
I knew somebody would be surprised. Had mine 2 years before I discovered that!
So I checked my Trax today and I'll be darned. I've had mine new in 2016 and just discovered the hidden slot to hold the rear package shelf. I never knew. If I needed it out I just brung it inside my apartment. Who woulda thunk it. LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I checked my Trax today and I'll be darned. I've had mine new in 2016 and just discovered the hidden slot to hold the rear package shelf. I never knew. If I needed it out I just brung it inside my apartment. Who woulda thunk it. LOL
I had to go look for myself in my '15. Hidden in plain sight

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Maybe you also didn't know this. You can disable T/C and stabilitrak by holding down the T/C button for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe you also didn't know this. You can disable T/C and stabilitrak by holding down the T/C button for 5 seconds.

I never disabled traction control on any car I have ever owned. Why would one disable it? So far have been impressed it's a very speedy veichle. What are we calling these things ? Cars?Trucks? Cross over? What ever it is, I will own a small compact truck thingy like this for the rest of my life. Just put the seats down and transported a bike! It was perfect! Took 2 weeks to empty the tank : :eek: IDC if gas becomes $10 a gallon with this thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts