Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just leased a 2017 (1/28) for my daughter and when she got it home she told me there was no satellite radio in the car. Needless to say I was a little annoyed as I thought the salesperson said there was. I haven't called the dealer yet to talk about the problem, the dealer is closed today. But I know they will do nothing about it.

So at this point what are my options. I know they have the satellite radios that go on your dash and go through a FM signal I have one in my Jeep and I have seen the hidden ones that go through the radio via a USB port. What have people used here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't remember it in my 2015 Trax but the 2016 Buick Encore I bought had it until the onstar ran out.

See if onstar is enabled, some dealers do it before the car is picked up, some let the decision up to the new owner.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It may be there and just not activated. Mine has it but I never activated it so I never had a working satellite radio. Either have her read the owners manual (good idea anyhow) to learn how to activate it or call your salesman, he should be more than happy to show you how to work it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When I bought my 2016 LS the salesman told me it had satellite radio. The LS does not have satellite radio, you have to buy the LT or LTZ model to get it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My car was an LT it had XM for a few months on trail basis now that I think about it I remember it now.I know the Buick had it because it just ran out.

The only part of the onstar I used was the weather, I never cared for XM and its AM radio type blackouts we experience here in the Northeast.

I was told by XM radio that I don't get blackouts, I grew up only having AM radio I know what I was getting, FM radio didn't stop the blackouts but it did work better than AM and XM, still does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem my dealer said ours had Satellite radio but found out later that it didn't. Oh well. Luckily I have a subscription with my other vehicle so I can stream it through the app on my phone but its still a disappointment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How about a satellite radio from a salvage yard....It doesn't take much to total loss a Trax....It should be an easy plug & play from an LT to an LS ???? Has anyone done it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had the same problem my dealer said ours had Satellite radio but found out later that it didn't. Oh well. Luckily I have a subscription with my other vehicle so I can stream it through the app on my phone but its still a disappointment.
I.have a separate one you're welcome to have. It's free. It's the one brow below without the stand

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts