Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unfortunately no. I don't have it on mine at least. I had it on my previous Honda, but it mainly came on when I would start up the car in the cold weather. It would go off when the engine warmed up after driving it for about a minute. Does that matter to you?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agee but this seems to be with all new cars now. They ust use idiot liights which I think are dumb because it could be too late at that point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Even in the 2013 one doesn't have the gauge. I'm trying to find a digital and well looking one to put on the front dash table. Will keep you updated!

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you want to spend near 500 bucks Diablo Trinity has digital gauges in their tuner.

I would just opt for an electric unit with a probe that screws into a water port on the head.

The trouble is finding the port on the head to turn it into.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No temperature gauge on 2015 Trad 2015?
I have a 2015 LT and there's no gauge. I was hoping to replace A Pillar with a pod pillar and placing a gauge in there. But if you really need to know, there an app for Android and like a $20 OBD 2 reader that connects via Bluetooth and you can see everything current about your car. I used the reader in my Grand Cherokee to watch the codes I was getting. Comes in handy :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
If I still had my Trax I would use one of those kits to add an electric or a mechanical heat gauge to one of the hoses.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Like this?

You can get an OBDII Bluetooth tool and connect to an Android device to use it for gauges and all sorts of things. I bought one for $20 and put an old Android phone in the upper storage nook. Also nice to see the turbo boost pressure. The Android app is called Torque Pro, it's not free but the OBDII tool I bought came with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something I did not notice when I bought mine. It shows that Detroit still does not have a clue when they design the user interfaces for vehicles. My mom's 1964 Chevy Bicayne had those GM idiot lights (named after most GM engineers) but at least it had a green cold light that went off when the thermostat opened to allow warm water to the heater core. Does anyone know what the purpose is all the wasted space ( right 2/3'rds) on the display screen? me has some kind of blue smeared head light picture that serves no purpose. One more example, the Trax has aback seat only a child could sit in, yet the fold flat ( well almost flat ) right front seat has a molded back with convenience options for those who would ride in the back seat instead a flat or useful surface the driver could use when folded down in place of the console/armrest that the same brilliant design engineers forgot. But hey for $17.5K I guess I should not complain. I got what I paid for... basic all wheel drive transportation.

·
Registered
772 Posts
People who have gauges don't look at them.

Most today are fake gauges they go up with engine speed, giving a feel good feeling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another option is an UltraGauge. It is reasonably priced, and has lots of options. It won't let me post a link, but do a search for it. I have owned a couple of them over the past few years.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Cheapest way of doing one is buying a electric or mechanical gauge, then mounting the sensor end in one of the rubber hoses.

Maybe about 40 bucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts