Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am a salesman at a Chevy dealership in Orchard Park, New York. I recently sold an 2018 LT AWD Trax and the window sticker says it has XM Radio, and all previous 2017 and 2018 Trax I sold, the LT model comes with it. There is FM, AM, and then just a blank spot where XM should be. I spoke with XM radio customer service and they can't even send a signal because without the button there I cannot give them the Radio ID. Has anyone heard of this and if so is there a remedy?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Is the XM option listed on the build sheet and somebody stuck a sticker on the wrong vehicle? Either way if sold under misleading circumstances and customer wants XM I believe you should do all in your power to make good! Should be under warranty at your dealership!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh don't you worry; wouldn't be a good salesman if I didn't do everything in my power to make this right. There have been incidents on 3 different ones now. I have reached out to GM and XM Radio, with no help. My GM and the Service director are now involved. It is on the window sticker as well as the invoice.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
May just be a radio software issue but that's covered under warranty too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When I bought my 2016 LS the salesman also told me it came with XM radio, it even had the brochure for it with the paperwork. It doesn't have XM. It's no big deal as I use MP3s instead of the FM radio anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the LS does not come with XM. Not a big deal to me either, but just annoying when you tell a customer it has it because it is an LT and its on the window sticker and then I deliver the vehicle and it is not there.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Has this been resolved yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts