Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2018 chevy trax low tier model a month ago that says 25 MPG in city 30 on highway, I have yet to drive the highway but have noticed that im getting under 24 mpg should I be worried?. I run ac at level 2 and low and generally seem to have gotten better gas mileage then advert in my past cars so im a bit worried.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine is a 17 and gets 30/35. Does the AC really affect fuel efficiency in today's world? I know the smog stuff did back in the eighties

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a 2018 chevy trax low tier model a month ago that says 25 MPG in city 30 on highway, I have yet to drive the highway but have noticed that im getting under 24 mpg should I be worried?. I run ac at level 2 and low and generally seem to have gotten better gas mileage then advert in my past cars so im a bit worried.

Thanks in advance.
When you are getting ready to take a highway trip, reset the mpg meter. You are still seeing the mad mpg from test drives, driving around the dealer lot, etc.. that destroy mpg.

How many miles on her? Tire pressure at least 35? I think you are fine but you need to reset the meter and get on the highway to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stupid question but how do you reset it? is their a button on front? I dont drive the highway has 333 miles on it (I got it with 9 total miles on it)

tires are fine

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is such a thing as running in: operating of a new engine (especially that of a motor vehicle) at less than its normal speed until proper working has been established.
During running in you'll get bad mpg. It's first 2000 miles, after you should get better mpg.

And do not believe the advertised mpg. They simply tell lies when advertising.
Real life mpg for 1.4 turbo Trax, after running in, are: 23 mpg city and 39 mpg highway.

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
I have never reset the average meter in my 2016 FWD Buick Encore since I purchased it and shows me averaging 33.8mpgUS.

This year my calculated average is 37.9 mpgUS but keep in mind that I use the Encore for mostly long trips and highway driving.

My 2016 AWD Trax on the other hand is driven both in town and highway probably 50-50 and the average is slightly lower. 32.2 on the DIC mpgUS and the calculated average for this year is 33.1 mpgUS

·
Registered
220 Posts
There are just so many variables that can have significant impact on gas mileage. With out Trax If I drive to the wife's mothers house (a 52 mile round trip of combined city and interstate close to 50/50) The DIC says I get an average of 34.2 MPG, when the wife drives the same car the same route she will get 24.7 MPG. The only difference is driving style. We have repeated this a number of times in various weather and always get very similar results. When we both are going there, I drive, if she is driving then she is alone. So my trips have an extra 265 lbs to carry.

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
This morning I did a 100 mile ( 160Kms ) round trip from my house to Rogersville and back. Reset trip meter and fuel average meter before I left. Conditions were ideal and temperature 70°F ( 21°C ).

5.8l/100kms or 40.3 mpgUS

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
My average for the year!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts