Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 trax has a light situation. Everything was fine. Then the turn signals started flashing fast. Figured bulbs out. Nope, all test fine. Still. Passenger side marker lights do not work, drivers side rear turn signal light does not work and drivers side drl and low beam head light do not work. I had someone say check alternator. 15.10 volts at idle. ... fuse? If so which one, ground? Any idea where to start looking? I wonderd if it could be infotainment system related. Or headlamp switch? Im a first responder, i need lights and fast. Any help appreciated. It is out of warranty.

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
It sounds like you may have lost a ground, let me try and find where it's at.
According to this diagram a clue would be if your remote start doesn't work or if your hood ajar light is "ON". Let me try and find it's location.

I couldn't find it's location pictured in the manual so I went outside to my Trax. G101 is connected to the sub frame near the bottom front of the battery. If you look straight down the windshield washer filler pipe you will see under a body colored 10mm flange nut. There are 2 grounds tied to this point. I assume the big wire is an engine ground and the smaller one is your light harness ground. It may be loose or broken or corroded off.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

1 - 2 of 2 Posts