Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did you check the aim of the headlights after the LEDs were installed. It is rare to not have to adjust the aim after changing bulb types. It is very common that you new LEDs are aimed where the hi beam is supposed to be and that is why they look so good. Please for the sake of everyone else on the road, if you haven't already, check the headlight aim after any headlight conversion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually marked the original halogens light output about 20ft away, and leveled on the wall of the garage, left the car in the same spot after carefully installing the LEDS turned them on and they were on the same markings as the regular halogens, after driving at night for the past weeks no oncoming vehicle flashes its lights, cause around here they will flash, plus when I turn on the high beams it's very noticable how high the high beams line is.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's one way to adjust the lights and they look great. Actually really bright and I'm surprised nobody flashed them as high beams yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another ballpark way to aim is get behind someone at a light and look where your cutoff is in regards to the bottom of the back window of an average sedan. The cut off should not be shining into the glass at all if you are both level. Again, not a scientific method, but good enough to know if you need to adjust the lights downward.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Do these LEDs get hot enough to melt snow off the front of the lens?

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
:D, Biggest complaint of the new Chevy truck drivers is when they're on the highway the snow cakes on the lens and they have to stop and clear the lens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts