Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just went in for oil change and they advised me the other dealership used the wrong oil filter they used a PF2257 and it suppose to be a PF2263G. Did this harm my engine or? So frustrating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup it was wron one. They admitted they installed wrong one. I think this could harm th VVT and lead to damage i have extended warranty the service manager is gone until Tuesday he will call me. New engine? i have 36k currently

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was told that I guess it bypasses the oil filter? I didn't have the wrong one on for too long about 23 miles or so according to the odometer readings between when the oil was changed at the dealership and when I switched out the oil filter for the correct one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How can I use the wrong oil filter at a dealership? This is just a failure! Recently, I drove my Ram to the dealer because the engine was unstable, they were already going to throw my engine into the landfill, but I didn't believe them, in general, everything was solved by replacing the throttle sensor. How good that I just Googled the symptoms and was given How to Reset Throttle Position Sensor On Dodge Ram?

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
A moron born every minute and half of them work at your local friendly stealership.

Reactions: Greenghost28

·
Registered
158 Posts
People make mistakes. I'm not sure where some of these posting fall in as mistakes or outright failures. I had a teacher years ago who said 'As soon as you make something idiot proof, the world comes up with a better idiot.' I doubt he's been to this forum, but that type of thought makes this forum beneficial.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
75 Posts
I had a teacher years ago who said 'As soon as you make something idiot proof, the world comes up with a better idiot.'
“Idiot-proofing” was one of the first principles I was taught as a tool designer, and it was always factored into my grades with every project throughout school. In real life, I’d strive toward that goal (to a reasonable extent), but it’s not always practical or realistic. Steps can always be taken to eliminate user error. But eventually you just have to call it a day. In that regard, i’s kind of like designing theft-proof banks, buildings, safes, etc. Where there’s a will, there’s always a way. And idiots will always find a way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
“Idiot-proofing” was one of the first principles I was taught as a tool designer, and it was always factored into my grades with every project throughout school. In real life, I’d strive toward that goal (to a reasonable extent), but it’s not always practical or realistic. Steps can always be taken to eliminate user error. But eventually you just have to call it a day. In that regard, i’s kind of like designing theft-proof banks, buildings, safes, etc. Where there’s a will, there’s always a way. And idiots will always find a way.
I too have a 2017. You can change the oil yourself if you have ramps or are very young and thin. The filter is easy to get to from the top in plain sight. Mine takes the one without the spring on top. And, so far, it's the only one see at Autozone and Walmart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts