Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a 2018 Trax today and I'm curious if anyone here knows if it came from the factory with Full Synthetic oil or Conventional Oil? I asked the sales guy and he didn't know..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I believe the 1.4lturbo is now full synthetic. I received a memo from GM that my 2016 that was listed for Dexos 2 blend which said to switch to full synthetic if using on board oil monitor. I had already switched to full synthetic Mobil1 anyways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the reply. I did look over the owners manual and it does state to only use motor oil with the Dexos Approval label in 5W30, but it didn't mention whether it came from factory with Full Synthetic, Synthetic Blend or Conventional... I will definitely be using full synthetic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes! I got 2018 and about to do my first change as soon as I return the dexos 2 and get dexos gen2 so warranty still good. Not take picture of ones receipt as proof proper oil used! And that frame TG10246 is friggin pricey as is oil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes! I got 2018 and about to do my first change as soon as I return the dexos 2 and get dexos gen2 so warranty still good. Not take picture of ones receipt as proof proper oil used! And that frame TG10246 is friggin pricey as is oil
Oops get dexos1 gen2 whew getting a scull cramp!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Or full synthetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts