Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Trax 1.4 engine. The Fill Tube is "slightly" loose and there is oil seepage. I can not determine how this Fill Tube is retained in the engine shroud. My goal is to stop the leakage with some sealant of sorts. Any one else have this problem? Or, can this tube be removed in order to clean and dry?

·
Super Moderator
196 Posts
The tube should be able to just quarter turn left and removed like the cap, if it's built like past GM fill tubes. You may want to have the PCV checked to make sure it's not closed or blocked, because the turbo can pressurize the engine and push the oil through the path of least resistance. The oil fill neck would be the first place to see loss.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Montkun. The fill tube has a tricky lock ring that must be removed first, before rotating. I cleaned up everything and measured both parts. The tube was cocked slightly before I started. Now it is straight and pretty tight. There is about .06 interference, so the O-ring should be sealing O.K. Now, can someone tell me where the PCV is located? Autozone, Advance Auto, O'Reilly don't even show one is available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And, I might add....I don't have a repair manual and Haynes or Chilton does not offer one for this 2016 Trax LT.

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts

·
Super Moderator
196 Posts
I think he meant to put that in a thread that someone asked about changing the spark plugs and wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts