Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 LT and have a question regarding 4g WiFi. MyLink shows 4g as being connected and my iPhone shows connected to the car but indicates “no internet connection” WiFi on the phone is on. What am I missing?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
Did you call OnStar to get it activated? When I had mine activated it took like 3 days for it to work then it wasn't even close to my cellphone speed. When I called to get rid of it, WiFi stayed active without internet and needed to call OnStar several times to get it killed completely. My cell kept connecting to it with no service for 2 or 3 weeks after the fact.

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
Call centers with minimum wage and high staff turnovers, I'd give them an other call, you might get a veteran or somebody that knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call centers with minimum wage and high staff turnovers, I'd give them an other call, you might get a veteran or somebody that knows what they're doing.
Thanks. I’ll give it another shot.
Called OnStar again and naturally they don’t have a clue. Nothing they did worked. Still no internet connection. Thinking of pulling the OnStar fuse in hopes of resetting things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called OnStar again and naturally they don’t have a clue. Nothing they did worked. Still no internet connection. Thinking of pulling the OnStar fuse in hopes of resetting things.

Pulling the fuse did nothing to fix it. Should it just let the dealership figure it out at this point or does anyone else have knowledge of what it could be.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Are you using the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? Is the Wi-Fi SSID even showing up?
http://www.traxforum.com/forum/409-electronics-audio-lighting/2322-access-4g-lte-star.html
Quote:
First, make sure your vehicle has OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi by looking at this compatibility list.
Get in your vehicle and start it. Press the white OnStar button on the mirror or on the overhead console (depending on your vehicle) and say (or select) “Wi-Fi Settings”. This will show you the network name (SSID) and the password to the network, which you will need in step 3.
Now, take the device you want to connect to the Wi-Fi network. On the device, search for available Wi-Fi networks and connect to the network using the password shown on the screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you using the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? Is the Wi-Fi SSID even showing up?
http://www.traxforum.com/forum/409-electronics-audio-lighting/2322-access-4g-lte-star.html
Quote:
First, make sure your vehicle has OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi by looking at this compatibility list.
Get in your vehicle and start it. Press the white OnStar button on the mirror or on the overhead console (depending on your vehicle) and say (or select) “Wi-Fi Settings”. This will show you the network name (SSID) and the password to the network, which you will need in step 3.
Now, take the device you want to connect to the Wi-Fi network. On the device, search for available Wi-Fi networks and connect to the network using the password shown on the screen.

Thanks but I am aware of the setup routine, been there and done that numerous times. It just won't connect to internet. Phone shows connected to wifi but indicates " no internet connection" We have tried 3 personal phones and an iPad with no success. Even stopped by the dealership yesterday and tried 2 more different phones and they showed the same thing...."no internet connection".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm also wondering if Bluetooth could be affecting it. Bluetooth has to be on on the phone to receive and make calls thru the car correct?

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
Yes, cellphone communication is done via bluetooth. But these are two separate ports and one shouldn't affect the other.

Reactions: dman67

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
Hope you're not just missing the antenna on the back, lol

Reactions: dman67

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got the issue sorted out, partly my fault and partly OnStar & the dealership........

Turns out the the "Share Data" setting has mystically been turned off after I checked it on. Of the three calls to OnStar with them going through troubleshooting steps, nobody, even myself picked up on it. The system was found to be ok when checked by the dealership during the service visit yesterday. Determined to get to the bottom of problem, the service advisor called GM directly and the first thing she was told, was to check the "Shared Data" selection. Go figure:D

Working great now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts