Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the page and have owned a 17 trax lt awd for a year now and im ready to do some customization. Any ideas on a good sounding exhast or other upgrades?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Performance upgrades on a Trax are kind of a fool's errand. There aren't many (if any) parts made specifically for the Trax or that are compatible with the ECU. A Trax is just a Trax. That's not to say they aren't good little cars, I love mine (more than I thought I would when I bought it).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea......I agree. Hopping up a Trax? A waste of money. With the high center of gravity built in, it will corner like crap. And as far as the Drag strip? Yea......get a different vehicle!!
The Trax was made to be a "grocery getter"..........not much more.

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Outside of maybe vent visors for the side windows and maybe a deflector strip or bra for the front clip, there are no real mods that are worth it on a Trax. You're not going to squeeze anymore useful horsepower out of that 1.4L engine, and it's going to be off balanced if you try raising or lowering the body and completely change the steering dynamics. If you want to have fun with it when driving, turn off traction control and shift down to M so you can wind out the gears to 4,000 rpm before shifting. That's considered "Sports Mode" on the Trax.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts