Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 trax I keep getting code p0171.Checked pcv in valve cover not leaking.Looked in intake for red valve it’s there.Checked purge valve not leaking.Any thoughts on what else it could be?

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
P0171 is a though one. What kind of mileage? Did you check your air filter? Sometimes rodents will build a nest in the airbox. Also could be a dirty MAF sensor, one of your HO²s starting to go out of specs. This code is really ballpark and doesn't point to a specific failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting around 20mpg around town.Put a new air filter in no nest in there.Didn’t check the MAF I’ll check that tonight.Replaced upstream o2 sensor already.

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
You've addressed the 2 most common cause for that lean code. Some people on here claim to have solved this code accidentally when they replaced their car battery. So even a failing or bad battery can cause this code to pop up. P0171 is more annoying than a mosquito near your ear. Do you have a good OBDII scanner? Sometimes if you look at misfire counts you may be able to figure out which cylinder is running lean if it's actually running lean and this may point you to a clogged injector. Did you try a fuel treatment?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a decent scanner I will look into if one of the cylinders is running lean.I just added fuel injector cleaner this morning.No codes so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts