Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just FYI....there are performance parts available for the trax. ZZPERFORMANCE.COM.

You will need to look up parts for the Chevy Sonic. Yes, they will work and I will prove it as I just purchased a 2017 and will show pics and progress posts as I do my magic. I've been working on a Unique sleeper project, Saturn Aura and have been super successful with it. I will show pics and websites that I get the parts from. Trust me, it works.

· Registered
101 Posts
So what happened to this guy? Did i take over where he left off?? so far ive installed:

-ZZP diamond forged pistons, stock bore.
-ZZP Sonic intake
-ZZP coilpack
-ZZP sonic intercooler kit
-ZZP ported intake manifold
-ZZP catless down pipe
-ZZP Ported turbo V3.
-Green giant 42 lb injectors.

everything fit with little to no modifying.

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
If you have a 22 it has the LE2 engine, the Sonic never had that engine so little from the engine works from the Sonic
Yes I do have a 2022 Trax with the 85 Ci. engine which is diffrent then the Sonic's 83 Ci engine. ZZP has many performance parts that are not just for the engines. Also there are other vehicles that share parts with the Chevy Trax. Like the Buick Encore used both the 83 Ci and the 85 Ci engine and many other parts. The Sonic and Cruze also share parts with the Trax. There is more to vehicle performance then just the engine.

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
So what happened to this guy? Did i take over where he left off?? so far ive installed:

-ZZP diamond forged pistons, stock bore.
-ZZP Sonic intake
-ZZP coilpack
-ZZP sonic intercooler kit
-ZZP ported intake manifold
-ZZP catless down pipe
-ZZP Ported turbo V3.
-Green giant 42 lb injectors.

everything fit with little to no modifying.
I was also wondering what happen to The Automovtive Magician. My question to you is were there any major issues installing the ZZP Sonic intercooler into the Trax?

· Registered
2022 Trax AWD
15 Posts
Yes I do have a 2022 Trax with the 85 Cu.Ci. engine which is diffrent then the Sonic's 83 Cu.Ci engine. ZZP has many performance parts that are not just for the engines. Also there are other vehicles that share parts with the Chevy Trax. Like the Buick Encore used both the 83 Cu. In. and the 85 Cu. In engine and many other parts. The Sonic and Cruze also share parts with the Trax. There is more to vehicle performance then just the engine.
LOL, Was trying to let you know you have a completely different engine than the earlier 1.4, NOTHING for that engine interchanges, from intakes to exhaust. What performance are you trying to increase? Trifecta makes a tune for the engine that is supposed to really wake it up.

· Registered
101 Posts
I was also wondering what happen to The Automovtive Magician. My question to you is were there any major issues installing the ZZP Sonic intercooler into the Trax?
Just had to modify where the intercooler mounts to rad. The intercooler brackets on the bottom slide nicely into the mounting spots, but the top of the intercooler won't line up with the existing clip and bolt hole where the original intercooler would go. I just trimmed the clip away and shaved down the area where you install the bolt and ziptied those two spots to the frame. The intercooler fits nice and snug. The hard pipes fit as well, just have to fiddle around with the couplers and pipes to find the correct angles/lengths. The digital instructions on zzps website helped me figure out which piece goes where.

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
LOL, Was trying to let you know you have a completely different engine than the earlier 1.4, NOTHING for that engine interchanges, from intakes to exhaust. What performance are you trying to increase? Trifecta makes a tune for the engine that is supposed to really wake it up.
Thank you Captain Obvious but I already knew the 2022 Trax and the Sonic had deffrent engines before I bought my 2022 Trax. I NEVER intended or said I was going to interchange any parts between the 83 Ci and the 85 Ci. engines. My 85 Ci. engine run great and is reliable with the simple intake and exhaust Mods I have already made. Also, yes there are other performance Mods/upgrades you can do to the Trax like suspension, brakes, wheels etc. that will increase its' perfomance. My Trax is in Showcase. I looked for your Trax but it's not there. Do you have any pictures? Again thanks for looking out for me.

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
Just had to modify where the intercooler mounts to rad. The intercooler brackets on the bottom slide nicely into the mounting spots, but the top of the intercooler won't line up with the existing clip and bolt hole where the original intercooler would go. I just trimmed the clip away and shaved down the area where you install the bolt and ziptied those two spots to the frame. The intercooler fits nice and snug. The hard pipes fit as well, just have to fiddle around with the couplers and pipes to find the correct angles/lengths. The digital instructions on zzps website helped me figure out which piece goes where.
Great it sounds very doable. With some minor modification and a little fiddling you got a great upgrade/Mod that should make a noticeable improvement. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
101 Posts
Great it sounds very doable. With some minor modification and a little fiddling you got a great upgrade/Mod that should make a noticeable improvement. Thanks for the info.
I believe it is a great upgrade as well. Those crappy stock plastic/cloth intercooler pipes are garbage. Before i purchased the kit, I was curious about the fitment of the sonic intercooler kit, I emailed ZZP and they told me "The sonic intercooler kit will not fit/work with the trax." I dont know why they told me this because it fit/works just fine.

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
I believe it is a great upgrade as well. Those crappy stock plastic/cloth intercooler pipes are garbage. Before i purchased the kit, I was curious about the fitment of the sonic intercooler kit, I emailed ZZP and they told me "The sonic intercooler kit will not fit/work with the trax." I dont know why they told me this because it fit/works just fine.
Maybe ZZP told you it would not fit because it's not a direct bolt-in and requires a little customizing or maybe they just didn't know because they never tryed it. Who knows either way you got it in with minimal effort. SHAZAM!

· Registered
101 Posts
Maybe ZZP told you it would not fit because it's not a direct bolt-in and requires a little customizing or maybe they just didn't know because they never tryed it. Who knows either way you got it in with minimal effort. SHAZAM!
yea, I believe they told me it wouldnt fit because of those reasons and they dont want to be liable. They can sell it saying it fits the trax but a dingbat will cry "IT doesnt fit wah wah" and they will have to take returns.

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
yea, I believe they told me it wouldnt fit because of those reasons and they dont want to be liable. They can sell it saying it fits the trax but a dingbat will cry "IT doesnt fit wah wah" and they will have to take returns.
Yes, it's probably not worth it for them, that's too bad. No matter I think I may add this to my wish list for future upgrades.

· Registered
2022 Trax AWD
15 Posts
Thank you Captain Ovious but I already knew the 2022 Trax and the Sonic had deffrent engines before I bought my 2022 Trax. I NEVER intended or said I was going to interchange any parts between the 83 Ci and the 85 Ci. engines. My 85 Ci. engine run great and is reliable with the simple intake and exhaust Mods I have already made. Also, yes there are other performance Mods/upgrades you can do to the Trax like suspension, brakes, wheels etc. that will increase its' perfomance. My Trax is in Showcase. I looked for your Trax but it's not there. Do you have any pictures? Again thanks for looking out for me.
Well then if you know everything then buy some Sonic stuff and waste your money, what a dickhead

· Registered
2022 Chevy Trax LT AWD
43 Posts
Well then if you know everything then buy some Sonic stuff and waste your money, what a dickhead
That's Mr. Head to you Captain Obvious. Or is it Ms. Obvious? No matter, don't get so butt-hurt. For the last time, I never said I was going to interchange any parts between the 83 Ci and the 85 Ci. engines. We all know they are completely different engines. Let's just let it go and move on to another topic.
Cartoon Art Font Event Fictional character

· Registered
2022 Trax AWD
15 Posts
That's Mr. Head to you Captain Obvious. Or is it Ms. Obvious? No matter, don't get so butt-hurt. For the last time, I never said I was going to interchange any parts between the 83 Ci and the 85 Ci. engines. We all know they are completely different engines. Let's just let it go and move on to another topic. View attachment 4780
What a troll, f/u/c/k off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts