Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever thought of doing some upgrading performance wise to their trax? I have a 2018 with 1.4T and I cant find anything for it. I fabricated an 2.5" straight pipe exhaust which actually sounds better than the fart cans on most imports but cant find any bolt on parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only found one company that has a decent assortment of engine upgrade parts for the 1.4. Its Vermont Tuning. They have turbo upgrades, chip tuning and some other stuff. I haven't tried any of their products yet, but it looks a like a decent assortment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone ever thought of doing some upgrading performance wise to their trax? I have a 2018 with 1.4T and I cant find anything for it. I fabricated an 2.5" straight pipe exhaust which actually sounds better than the fart cans on most imports but cant find any bolt on parts.
You can try engine calibration from trifecta performance, since they're the best with affordable price.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I also like the idea that you can switch to the OEM tune by activating cruise.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Not yet, e-mailed the US place 3 times they never answered back. I figure it was because I was Canadian so I found a re-seller place or distributor in Ottawa, I just emailed them this afternoon, seller says they answer within 24 hours so keeping my fingers crossed here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh man! I've been dying to hear if it's worth it or not from someone on this forum and how easy/hard it is. It might be the determining factor to how long I plan to keep my trax.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Oh man! I've been dying to hear if it's worth it or not from someone on this forum and how easy/hard it is. It might be the determining factor to how long I plan to keep my trax.
Just ordered it $379 Cdn total, they just happened to have a special on Cruze and Trax. If I remember it was $399USd from the USA site that never answered back.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I will do a follow up with as much details as possible when I get the cable and the software tune. Then I will report on the actual results with 87, 89 and 91 octane.

Will also try to figure out how to do a 0-60 test with the Torque Pro APP which would be the most interesting and more credible test .

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will do a follow up with as much details as possible when I get the cable and the software tune. Then I will report on the actual results with 87, 89 and 91 octane.

Will also try to figure out how to do a 0-60 test with the Torque Pro APP which would be the most interesting and more credible test .
The 0-60 is what I am most curious about. That is my biggest gripe about the Trax. Cant wait to see the results!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Update :D just got the FedEx tracking number for the cable.:D Should be here on the 15th

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Being processed by customs at Mirabel Airport:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Getting antsy!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Trifecta

:( Received my tune today and already encountered a problem with the logistics. The seller is checking with the engineers. When I went on their site it said requirements for the laptop was Windows 7,8 or 10 but instructions say Windows 8.1 or greater. My laptop is Windows 7 Pro.

Site...

Instructions...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Although I have never ordered from them I have tried installing EZ Flash apps that I downloaded from their website, the application can run well on my Windows 7 notebook.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah I had no problem loading EZflash, the seller tells me he's 99% sure it will work on Windows 7 Pro they just don't support it anymore. The problem is more with the OBDII cable driver. Still waiting on the cable that should be in tomorrow, then we'll know if it all works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't wait to find out the results so I can immediately order it. During this time I only got a detailed review of it from the cruze forum so I wasn't really sure of the results for Trax

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
May not have to wait long FedEx says out for delivery, so cable should be here today. Temperatures aren't ideal for testing though. -20°C ( -4°F ) @tm

Okay! Figured out Torque Pro for 0-60 test. This is the result without the tune on regular 87 @ -6.0°C ( +19°F ). Alone in the car. I found this nice level stretch with a rest area where I can wait for no traffic and floor it from there. Because there was loose salt down it did spin a little bit on take off but not for long. I did it twice with exact same results.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I received the Trifecta cable this afternoon

and the cable found its drivers and updated no problem.

The part that's no fun for you or I is my youngest asked to borrow my Trax for 2 days so I won't be able to do the flash until Thursday afternoon at least. Bummer, I really wanted to do this yesterday.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts