Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I am the proud owner of a 2017 Chevy Trax. We love it but I am having problems with using my Samsung V3 Galaxy smartphone. First about 30 of the contacts appear at the beginning of the contact list before the aphabet even starts and they are in no particular order.

Second how do I search for a contact by alphabet. When I click on a letter box (abc etc.) it just shows the messed up 30 numbers. I've chk'd the numbers in the phone and they are correct. I've deleted the phone reinstalled it after changing/deleting numbers and reinstalling them and the problem is still there. I've been working with Verizon and Chevy with no success. Any ideas? Is there any whay to upadate the list in the car? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the tech guy at Phillips Chevy in Frankfort, Il. figured out why some of my contacts were wrong. In my smart phone there was a 0 (zero) in front of them so they all came up in the beginning on the mylink screen. It was very hard to tell on the phone but I corrected them all and they are all now fine.

The car is in the shop today because it drops the Bluetooth signal sometimes and when you bring up the screen to find a contact alphabetically and you hit any of the 12 keys to search it always brings up the abc's instead of what you selected.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm just amazed that MyLink supports a seven year old Galaxy S3. A lot of owners are getting 'Device not supported" with that phone. You must have upgraded the OS to Marshmellow 6.0.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a SM-J320V. I don't know if that matters or not. I've only had it a month or so. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sometimes the infotainment systems in cars just aren't updated enough to keep up with android and apple system updates, then you see older phones working better with the car than newer ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts