Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently got the 2019 LT AWD. I have my Samsung GAlaxy S9 paired via bluetooth to the audio system and while on my way to work this morning I received a call and answered it. It turned out to be a spam call but now the ringtone will not stop playing through the car speakers, even after completely erasing my phone from the known device list. I am also unable to mute or turn the radio off or switch to FM or XM. I couldn't seem to find anything online. Has anyone else encountered this? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Maybe a glitch...Have you tried disconnecting the radio fuse for 10 seconds or disconnecting the battery for 10 secondes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am at work now but i will try the fuse or battery later, thanks for the tip! I am hoping it will no longer be doing it when i leave work later but that's probably just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There may be more than one radio fuse. Maybe a lot more with the way things are all interconnected these days. Pulling a battery cable and you can be sure that you have removed all power from the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow...!
I have this EXACT same problem. 2019 Trax and Galaxy Note 9. It's been driving me up the wall. Any phone call will make the ringer go indefinitely!

checking post above if that's a solution or known issue...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah! I'll try the solution linked above! Can't wait to be able to take a call again in my car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankfully mine stopped when I got back in to my car after work. After some other research I found out in the settings on your phone you can turn off the ringtone so you will still receive calls but the radio just stops playing and no tone comes out. I turned it off but haven't gotten a call while driving yet so not sure if that will fix the problem.

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
That sounds like a glitch with Samsung's version of Android and the Bluetooth connection. I've had a couple people at work who experienced similar things with Samsung devices and their car audio, and it's not brand specific either as there's no overlap between brands.

I don't know if this would work for you guys or not, but i know my phone has a "Do Not Disturb" mode that i have on almost constantly. Since i don't use my phone at work except for times I'm on break, i just make sure to set it before I leave the house and it will still ring in the car automatically like it should even with DND active.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts