Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any example pictures of a trax with black rims? I'm considering doing a plastidip to my 16" stock rims, and it would be nice to so pictures if someone has already done it. I think it would look good! I will just photoshop it if no-one has any good examples.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Haven't seen anything, and doubt you'll see it any time soon, you're probably better off photoshopping it, if you do, i'd love to see how it will look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any example pictures of a trax with black rims? I'm considering doing a plastidip to my 16" stock rims, and it would be nice to so pictures if someone has already done it. I think it would look good! I will just photoshop it if no-one has any good examples.
Just found out this forum existed, hope it's not too late but here are a few pictures. The second is with tire wet applied. Also thinking about getting the windows tinted soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just found out this forum existed, hope it's not too late but here are a few pictures. The second is with tire wet applied. Also thinking about getting the windows tinted soon.
Never too late for pictures, we even have whole picture threads here for just... you guessed it, pictures.

On that note I think we have color specific threads. Go crazy, feel free to post as many as you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blackout Chevy badge?

Hey man - plasti dip blackout looks great. I'm planning on doing the same with my 16" stock alloy wheels on the black Trax LS. Also planning to use a couple of coats of glossifier to keep that sheen. Question: how did you manage to black out the Chevy bow-tie so cleanly? Any tips? Love that look. Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
That does look really good, looks like a nice smooth finish too. How many cans did you use ?? Side note, does anyone have experience with Auto Dip yet ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
That does look really good, looks like a nice smooth finish too. How many cans did you use ?? Side note, does anyone have experience with Auto Dip yet ??
Sorry for such a late reply, but thank you! Used about a can per wheel, maybe 4 or 5 coats? It's important to remember to do light coats, no matter how much you want to go back and touch up parts before that coat dries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man - plasti dip blackout looks great. I'm planning on doing the same with my 16" stock alloy wheels on the black Trax LS. Also planning to use a couple of coats of glossifier to keep that sheen. Question: how did you manage to black out the Chevy bow-tie so cleanly? Any tips? Love that look. Thanks!
Hey man, again sorry for the late response. Basically I put an annoying amount of painting tape all around the whole symbol. I then did about 6 or 7 coats, making sure to do very very light coats and waiting for each one to fully dry before doing the next. Then I pulled off all of the tape and slowly peeled the plasti-dip off of the chrome parts of the bow tie. Generally, it separated from the part I wanted black fairly well. For where it looked like it would keep peeling, I just put something small in the crack to sort of cut it in half so the inner bowtie was a clean dip. Has gotten me through 2 terrible Buffalo winters as well as many car washes without a single issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Using plastidip to protect wheels for winter use is a good idea, but I never caught on to the no wheels on the car look that is so popular.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Using plastidip to protect wheels for winter use is a good idea, but I never caught on to the no wheels on the car look that is so popular.
I had to re-read that a couple times but I finally get it lol. The wheels do look like they virtually disappear when there flat black or all black like that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts