Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chevy trax 2014, Engine 1.4 Eco Turbo. It was just driving fine, suddenly loss of power and idle is rough. I hear like a Hess sound from the back of the engine (where the intake manifold is), I get codes of P1101 and also codes for MAP sensor performance.
now when I start the engine, I get a good amount of white smoke from exhaust and car is rough.
The engine oil is not milky and no signs of mixture problems in the coolant.
What are the possibilities of this issue? I am lost any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Have you ever had the valve cover replaced?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply....
No it is not replaced. By the way the problem happened after driving almost 10 hours with only one hour rest at the middle.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
You need a new valve cover. The PCV regulator cracked and isn't working properly.you may also need an intake if the PCV has failed.

Reactions: Oatmeal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What make me worry is the white smoke from the exhaust, is white smoke may be produced when you have problem with valve cover and PCV?

Please advise,

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Yes, your engine is sucking everything from the valve cover. But have the intake PCV checked since it is often the cause for the regulator to fail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Chevy trax 2014, Engine 1.4 Eco Turbo. It was just driving fine, suddenly loss of power and idle is rough. I hear like a Hess sound from the back of the engine (where the intake manifold is), I get codes of P1101 and also codes for MAP sensor performance.
now when I start the engine, I get a good amount of white smoke from exhaust and car is rough.
The engine oil is not milky and no signs of mixture problems in the coolant.
What are the possibilities of this issue? I am lost any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mass airflow sensor! Advantage Auto has this component for $115, first try MAF specialized cleaner in a can and change engine air filter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
White smoke leads me to think of 2 things: moisture somewhere in the exhaust system and antifreeze leaking in to the cylinders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly this is what happened with me, I was thinking the problem inside the engine. I changed the cover Gasgate and use this cleaner for MAF senser

1 - 11 of 11 Posts