Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I just bought a 2017 Chevy Trax over the weekend so we don't know much about it yet. Yesterday morning I was listening to the radio and it was fine. Last night I turned it on and went to turn it up.. and now my volume isn't as loud even when I tried to turn it all the way up for just a minute to test it. I never turn it completely up and leave it up. Just not sure why it don't sound as loud as it did. So I went to Menu, tone settings and it's all the same way I had it. So went to Auto Volume.. its on High. Anyone have any ideas? Is there another setting that could have been changed accidentally? It's driving me crazy because not sure what happened or how to fix it!! Anyone? Thanks for reading my post.馃檪

Registered
Auto volume would have been my guess. Mine is a 2017 as well

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, checked that. But.. today the volume was just fine! It's as loud as it use to be... weird it just right back like it was. No clue.. guess it fixed itself? Lol. Ohh.. don't think this would have anything to do with it.. but someone spilled a soft drink where the gear shift is..and it leaked down under it..(and we just got the car!馃槧)
The gear shift was pretty sicky when I moved it into drive.. but that's worn off I guess..because it don't seem sticky now. We cleaned it the best we could.. just don't know how to get under it.
But that wouldn't have anything to do with the radio volume, right?

Super Moderator
It could if the wiring for the rear speakers travels under there before splitting off the door jams, but it's unlikely given the way wiring harnesses are made in the factory as a single giant system with only as many connection points as absolutely necessary. I would actually turn off Auto Volume if it starts to do it again, the processing units for those have been finicky for as long as i can remember like DNR was in the early days on noise reduction.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Registered
Mine just started to do that too. I started the car and the volume was kinda high like I like it and I started to drive it about 3 blocks away the sound on it's own goes down. Really low volume and I even cranked it up all the way and it's stayed at a low volume, I would say it was like at 15 and no louder.

Registered
It happened to me on Friday. I reset everything. Didn't work - BUT I fixed it. You need to reboot the system. I have a 2017, and it still worked, even though it says 2016 below.

Mylink/Intellilink (2014-2016)
鈥 Press the Home and Fast Forward buttons for at least 10 seconds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts