Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2018 since December 2018 (15 months now) and have put 24,000 miles on it. At least 75% of these miles were highway at speeds averaging 75 MPH. Today I was looking closely at the hood and front bumper and was astounded at all of the little chips in the paint. There has to be at least 30-40 on the hood and then easily another 30 on the front bumper. Most of the miles are from the Garden State Parkway, where trucks are not permitted. Has anyone else experienced paint quality issues on their Trax? My mom's 2018 Equinox has 18,000 miles and no damage like this.

I looked into replacing the hood, but at $600, it isn't worth it at all. I have a Volvo XC40 ordered and am starting to realize that I will be screwed when it is time to sell this.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I added a bug deflector to my hood. A 2016 and it's going to need retouching eventually... But my bumper cover will have to come off because it is pitted badly. These water base paints are definitely not as durable as the lacquer base or urethane paints.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts